Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do you aim for hit cap?

Belarkan
Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:45 am
Voted the 5th option since I can't care much of that.
I have ~100 atm, I just don't know where it comes from Wink
This being said, AS sometime miss but it doesn't cause a wipe.
Health or avoidance may sometime, so I do focus more on them.
Wolvar
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:09 am
I keep hit gear specifically for 4h.
Wolvar
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:28 am
it only doesn't miss if you glyph it if you are at the melee (not spell) hit cap. I have the glyph and have had it miss.
Majiben
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:36 am
Failure due to mechanics=/=miss
_________________
Levantine
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:51 am
Not so much miss, since there's so much on gear anyway, but oh sweet jesus I would sell my soul for more expertise. I elixir it, I food it, I try to use pieces with it, and it's still not enough to stop me seeing PARRY DODGE PARRY PARRY and fuck my threat for the first 20 seconds of a fight.
_________________
Levantine: Frost Tank
Anzen: Restogoat
Popeadin: Retardin
Frickit
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:59 am
Seems like most upgrades gimp me somewhere, usually Hit.
The only thing I can do atm is switch one ring. I lose effective health from armor but I gain hit rating. Thats something that I would normally never do but since I dropped below 200 Im willing to get back to 200+ by losing some EH.
_________________
Brute
Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:10 am
why would I actively pursue a stat to increase threat when no one can pull off of me anyway?

It feels like the evolution of raid battles has gone like this:

Vanilla: If healers don't go OOM you will nearly always win. What's DPS? (see Onyxia)

BC: DPS is now a big issue, because if you don't kill fast enough, healers go OOM. Maxing out threat is extremely important because DPS is chomping at your heels. (see Gruul and Voidwalker)

WotLK: Threat is no longer issue, but DPS/healer mana still is. Therefore, max your DPS and you still probably won't even have to worry about agro. Just worry about that enrage timer. (See most any WotLK fight)
_________________
[url http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Brute /url]
Candiru
Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:15 am
If you want more threat, Str is the way to do it NOT hit/expertise. Str is much better than either stat, AND adds mitigation through BV.

If you want guaranteed pick-up abilities, then hit might be what you are looking for though.