Skip to content
Maintankadin

Character Sheet Percentages

Gamingdevil
Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:47 am
I apologize Majiben, I had forgotten about that post. The problem is, as is mentioned in the post itself, that there is not yet any hard data to come up with a formula of how hard miss chance is being hit.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Majiben
Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:10 am
We'll never have "hard" facts on it (and many other things we take for granted) due to blizzard not releasing their formulas but we can get very good approximations with data collection and time.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Dazhbog
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Alright, thanks for the info. Guess the best I can do is keep working on my block/avoidance chance (without handicapping myself elsewhere) and keep an eye on WWS parses.
_________________
harlekin
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:39 pm
If anyone wants to collect data on misses, I'd be willing to crunch the numbers. The ideal data would be a large number of incoming hits, no procs or on use abilities that modify miss/defense, mobs of a constant level, and mobs with well understood attack tables.

Ziggyunderslashone had a few data sets of up to 20,000 attacks each. This should be statistically significant, but there was still a good bit of variation between the sets. If we can get a few really huge data sets versus the same mobs (we need the level of the mobs and the tank as well as the defense of the tank for the calculations) we might be able to calculate the diminishing returns on miss with a bit more certainty. The statistics tell us that ziggy's numbers are close, but we still have a window of variation that I would like to minimize.
_________________
Shadow Council - US - Horde
Xandreth (74) - Prot Paladin - MT (going ret until 75)
Tyrenn (80) - Frostfire Mage
Saege (70) - Resto Druid in training
Staub (63) - DK backup tank