Skip to content
Maintankadin

Threat Generation and Bear Tanks

BigBlueCheese
Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:26 pm
Yeah when I was OTing some bosses in Naxx 25 yesterday, I had to turn off RF because it was too easy to pass in threat. Our shield slam is awesome.
_________________

Amarant_Pally
Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:10 am
I HoSalv myself every cooldown on Patchwerk. Sad
_________________
Dem
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:04 am
I'm surprised a bear is pulling threat tbh. Patch is undead for a start...
I've OT'd a lot of the bosses in Naxx and I have to turn RF or I will overtake the MT. Particularly on undead bosses. Easier to just MT it tbh.
I MT'd Patch in Naxx 25 yesterday, nuclear threat, healers comment how easy the healing is and JoL put me at the top of the healing meters to boot.

There are a few encounters in Naxx where picking up adds is our best role, but remember that Naxx is OUR HOUSE - make the most of all those undead while you can and demonstrate that we're the best choice to MT most of the bosses.
Morendin
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:28 am
Naxx is 'our house' for aoe/pickups, not boss tanking(not that boss tanking is a problem)...now that we're GCD-limited to 96969, Exor is really not impressive for tank and spank...best case, I'd replace an ~850 damage JoV with a ~1400 damage exor, while possibly stumbling in my rotation, possibly having my judgement(typically the ONLY source of a melee slow applied) fall off if the next one misses...I do it sometimes on patch cause I can, but it's just not meaningful...hell, with threat the way it is, the raid is better off with me dropping sacred shields in place of cons/HoR after the boss is under control

PS
I don't mean that we're not a GREAT choice to tank Naxx, or QQing, just saying that our threat is almost unaffected by mob type, which is a very good thing indeed, because that lets Bliz balance us without a headache of making us either better or worse on undead/non-undead than other tanks that don't have type-specific abilites.
And, Exor/Holy Wrath are still awesome for other reasons- a second high threat ranged pickup on a short cooldown, which can be glyphed to interrupt...which I'm going back to sunday, 10% judgements= meaningless in 3.0.3 Naxx. if I needed OH GOD THREAT I can just exploit rank 1 ShoR and JoL

Twisted Evil