Skip to content
Maintankadin

Bracer Enchant

elfjorc
Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:49 am
12 stam ftw.

Yay for having a gbank of surplus Planars, Arcane Dust and Voids to use.
_________________
Mortehl
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:10 am
I'm running 15 expertise. Quite frankly the 12 stamina loss isn't going to kill me when I have 3 41 stamina gems and 2 socketed trinkets in my gear Razz
_________________
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
degre
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:41 am
Honestly I was thinking on going AP... 12 stamina/defence appear to me as a wasted enchant, to low value, while the 6all won't be really beneficial, on the other hand, 50AP could be helpful in solo dps or raid threat (not that now is an issue, but always helps...).
_________________
Threatco
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:58 am
Expertise is better because it costs more Right?

Assuming we do more then just main tanking I assume a case can be made for the value of that much expertise.

Based on the "blizz makes it expensive because its good" theory.

I agree for main tank that +6 stats or +12 defense looks best depending on your def cap.

But expertise was the only guaranteed enchant point for me so I did it. I had forgot the 12 def one and I am hurting for defense as is, but I haven't unloaded all possible BOE's yet which I will be buying when I hit 80.

Maybe a comment here about how hard it is to hit the def cap in the first place would help people decide if they need the enchant before they have their pre heroic set done. Will I realy need 12 def after I grab all the smithing BOEs?
_________________

Limitation strictly defined by motivation - Edan
Warning. I edit my posts.
Majiben
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:06 am
The smithing BoEs will give you most of what you need but naxx and heroic gear has more avoidance but less defense meaning that if you don't already enchant for defense, you can go below the minimum while upgrading. I've never needed to use the +12 defense enchant to bracers because I use the defense enchants to my head, chest, cloak and shield.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Eanin
Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 pm
I'm pretty much going to use +12 defense until defense is no longer an issue (if that ever happens) then swap to +50 AP, which is the best threat enchant.
_________________
KysenMurrin
Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:44 pm
The latest PTR build gives us a new option (posibly to compete with Leatherworking's currently huge benefit):

Formula: Enchant Bracer - Major Stamina - Permanently enchant bracers to increase Stamina by 40. Requires a level 60 or higher item.


Personally, I've been using 12 Def as it was better value than 12 Stam and I already had enough Expertise, but wasn't particularly pleased with what's quite a small enchant at level 80 rating conversions. 40 Stam just blows that out of the water, IMO, and there's plenty of def elsewhere to account for it. I think I'll re-enchant as soon as I get the opportunity if the mats required aren't too punishing.

(Note this puts Leatherworking's Stamina buff equal to that of Mining and only slightly better than Enchanting.)
_________________
Salamandra
Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:20 pm
On a similar note to the previous post: 75 stamina on weapon!!!!
_________________
Worldie
Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:38 pm
I don't think there will be much to discuss about bracer enchant. 40 stamina is becoming must-have for all tanks.


I mean, it's FOUR HUNDRED HP.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business