Skip to content
Maintankadin

Defense or Dodge - Here are the graphs

harlekin
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:13 pm
I updated the calculator in my spreadsheet to make comparing two items easier. I will update the OP with a link to it.
_________________
Shadow Council - US - Horde
Xandreth (70) - Prot Paladin - MT
Tyrenn (80) - Frostfire Mage
Saege (70) - Resto Druid in training
arilink
Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:18 pm
So just for clarification i'm trying to estimate some values from the chart.
This will sound strange:
If I got 1000 rating points to spare I would get the maximum total avoidance by putting like 450 in defense and the rest (550) in dodge rating which will then net a total of 22% avoidance?
If I got 1500 ratings points to spare the ideal proportion will be approx. 750 in defense and rest (750) in dodge rating summing up as 30% total avoid?

Well then someone has to figure out how much dodge rating would be ideal combined with 689 defense rating.
harlekin
Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:31 pm
One thing I noticed when trying to figure out the numbers that arilink requested, I realized that the proportion of dodge to defense is close to 50-50 across the board, with a slight advantage to dodge. Simply put, aim to get your dodge rating and defense rating roughly equal. Use the calculator for fine tuning.
_________________
Shadow Council - US - Horde
Xandreth (70) - Prot Paladin - MT
Tyrenn (80) - Frostfire Mage
Saege (70) - Resto Druid in training