Skip to content
Maintankadin

Exact mechanic of Glyph of RD?

Lore
Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:49 am
Last I knew, RD benefitted from melee hit (although the two stats are identical as far as we're concerned anyway), but still needed a full 17% to completely remove resists.

That said, I've not seen any RD resists with the glyph, and I definitely don't have 9% hit in my tanking gear. So, speaking strictly from anecdotal evidence, it does seem like the RD glyph makes it unresistable.
_________________
Station wagons are my favorite things.
daemonym
Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:21 am
i think this glyph is the same principle as ardent defender, i'd rather have it and not need it, rather than to need it and not have it ^^ granted with the hit rating on yoru gear it might only miss 2% of the time, but it's that 2% that's going to wipe your raid, so yeah, get the glyph and love it.
_________________
Did you think we had forgotten? did you think we had forgiven? Death to the scourge! and death to the living!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Daemonym
shadowmoon, lvl/spec/gear: work in progress
dmok
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 pm
To answer a few people's questions:

1-handed melee hit caps at 9%. If you have +9% chance to hit, you will never miss a 1-handed melee attack (duel-welding is different)

Spell hit caps at 17%. If you have +17% chance to hit, you will never miss a spell cast.
_________________
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate
Gamingdevil
Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:48 am
I hope our incoming single target taunt will benefit from this.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Widdox
Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:54 am
I didn't have the glyph when I started raiding this week, and I missed 2 taunts on that Wintergrasp guy. After that, I went out and got the glyph. I was planning on it all along, but that proved to me that I need it.
_________________