Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why Do People Still Quote...

Worldie
Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:07 am
Yes, your brain is fried.

Attack table is following:
Miss
Dodge
Parry
Block
Criticals
(Crushing)
Normal hits

By capping 102.4% you ensure every hit is either avoided or blocked.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Majiben
Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:13 am
The table looks like this:

[-Miss-][--Dodge---][--Parry--][---Block----][--Normal Hit--][-Crit-]

Now first you get uncritable removing Crits from the table.

[-Miss-][--Dodge---][--Parry--][---Block----][-------Normal Hit------]

Next you get block capped to remove normal hits

[-Miss-][--Dodge---][--Parry--][----------------Block------------------]
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Snake-Aes
Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 am
OP, if you can't grasp the magnitude of still being block capped: It's what justifies warriors needing more hp
_________________
Death Spacegoat and Spankadin in development.
Definitely not Konata-chan.
Mehnalas
Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:24 am
As many have said normal hits are going to be the new crushing blows at least as far as paladins go. So having a high amount of avoidance will reduce the damage you take and lowering spike damage by a lot. Spike damage is what kills tanks. Warriors can still take spike damage which if played properly may make the paladin the preferred tank for healers.

I can only hope.
_________________
Talese
Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:11 am
I've been reading on this forum for quite some time. My question is simple (I think).

So, when I hit holy shield and my "tankadin mod" shows a positive aka I have more than 102.4%, I should be stacking stam instead?

Base stats at 70 were:

14.6k health
26% dogde
15% Parry
20% Block
_________________
80 Belf Paladin
Shattered Hand
Worldie
Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:21 am
You could stack stamina, or threat stat, or more avoidance, depending of your likings.


However, you will just have to level now, and stack mindless defense to remain uncrit soon enough.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Talese
Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:33 am
Oh I can't wait for the mindless defense stacking....I'm guessing its going to cost me a lot of money as I go through gear upgrades.

....But I'm still 70 Sad
_________________
80 Belf Paladin
Shattered Hand