Skip to content
Maintankadin

Timing Wings

Dorvan
Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:23 pm
Wings should be done after shield. the extra shield damage doesn't make up for the 2-3 seconds of lost AW time due to AS cast times + times for you and boss to close distance on each other. Personally I pop wings as soon as I'm about to judge the boss for the first time. I almost always open with JoR, not working in whatever debuff I'm using until a few cycles in after AW has worn off.
_________________
Niia
Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:41 am
My guild is a big fan of Bloodlust at random-ass times..I save my wings for that to counter the raids' threat increase. I use my Crimson Serpent for initial threat...usually.

Of course there are those "oh shit" moments, Tank pulls the big guy AND the group right before BB.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aerie+Peak&n=Niia
baleogthefierce
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:14 pm
You've usually got a misdirect to help you through the initial stages of a fight, so I like to start a fight like this:
Seal crusader, HS, AS, judge crusader / seal vengeance, consecrate, renew HS

THEN right as judgment comes off cooldown I pop wings and get absolutely batshit crazy threat with my opening judgment + normal tanking rotation.

For SoR users it would have the same effect, just not quite as drastic (you still get the benefit of an already-ticking consecrate, active holy shield, and immediate judgement once you pop AW)

B
_________________
-Baleog the Fierce

daemonym
Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:18 am
I always wait to use wings untill i judge crusader on the boss. I can't help but think of how much more threat i'll pump out with that up and feel that I'm getting more bang for my buck out of using it then as opposed to right away.
_________________
"Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Daemonym
70 shadowmoon 0/49/12