Skip to content
Maintankadin

Some specific itemization questions

Scottzirra
Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:00 pm
Ok, then it is obviously time for a libram swap. I was originally goin to get the 20 badge one that improves SoR/JoR, but i saw a blue one that appealed to me for AoE tanking. Libram of the eternal rest:


http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27917

increases conc by 47. is that per tick? would that be more effective overall than a seal buff?
Worldie
Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:06 pm
ofc not, it's total damage
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Pikkel
Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:36 am
I don't understand holy shield getting no love for aoe tanking. It's great imo, it's up to the paladin to then tab target and find the mobs that are lowest on threat and use single target threat abilities on them. Complaining about it not being well distributed threat is just silly, sounds like people want to just stand there with no target spamming consecrate. Razz
Angella
Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:54 am
HS is relevant because it will distribute threat rnadomly across all mobs striking you. No - its not going to be the same threat against all mobs. Yes - the expected threat against all mobs is the same.
Scottzirra
Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:49 pm
to be perfectly frank, I can usually open w/ holy wrath, consecrate, holy shield, and then exorcise/judge ones that got missed by HW, and tank from then on fine, even if i target a player.

another question I had tho, regards 2 piece t5.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30127

im currently using with 2 15 stam gems, to retain the 2 piece bonus for ret aura. I also have the ret talents to improve the damage from ret aura, and I am wondering about the effectiveness of gearing/specing for it.

I use ret aura constantly, but I just got my t6 gloves, and to keep the bonus I took off my ZA shoulders in favor of t5, and switched to the hyjal shield in the same run. I lost about 7% block, and I'm curious about if I should keep the set bonus, or just say screw it and rock the block and block value from the ZA ones.

Thoughts?

PS: The FAP tip was great. Thanks

Scott
Scottzirra
Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:03 pm
The reason im asking is because in hyjal, ret aura accounted for 6% of my threat. semi substantial.

HOWEVER, in my specific situation I think the ZA shoulders are better than T5, regardless of what the loot rank post shows.

This would also free me up to make the switch over to the badge pants, and spec into reckoning, for some TPS gain.

Some guidance here would be much appreciated.