Skip to content
Maintankadin

dmg spikes?

Karock
Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 pm
So you're saying a 20% decrease in the bosses autoswing dps isn't noticeable at all?
Levantine
Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:33 am
Not to the healers while they're healing it isn't.
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
Snake-Aes
Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:50 am
On a boss with a 2 seconds swing timer, tclap brings it up to 2,4.
It's hardly noticeable during the fight. Healers are already stressed on precasting and the amount of overhealing doesn't really change. I'd say it removes 5% or so of the burst damage deaths, and over a long fight it reduces 15%-20% of the damage income on the tank.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
deeotch
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:25 am
I'm mainly a healer and I would say that healing a pally is a bit different then healing a warrior. And i can almost be your healers are using healbot or something that doesn't have that humn anticipation factor. I can almost heal our main tanks blind folded. I just think people rely to much on healbot these days. It basically adjust the heal lvl to the amount of health you have. So if your at 60% it will cast a rank 6 holy light or whatever. But it doesn't anticipate the hit you just took and before you know it your dead. BAM.
jere
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:31 am
I have healed pally tanks and warrior tanks, and honestly, I can rarely see a difference if they are geared close to the same.
_________________
Angella
Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:05 am
As a primary paladin healer, I can say that *yes* its noticable.

Basically I let go of a few more greater heals instead of canceling them when that debuff isn't up. Not like its a big deal, but certainly its on the radar screen.
_________________