Skip to content
Maintankadin

SoR vs SoV

BubbaBill
Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:51 am
Wait a sec. Does this also mean that SoV is not considered an "Active Seal" and that I can maintain SoW AND SoV at the same time like I do with SoR? I always just assumed it was an Active Seal and couldn't be used with Wisdom/Light/Crusader...well if that's the case that changes the way I do bosses a bit to.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=arathor&n=bubbabill
Requinix
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:35 am
<removed>

I completely brain farted here.

Yes you can use SoV while maintaining JoW, JoL, JoC
_________________


Dixy
Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:00 am
JoV will not overwrite Crusader/Wisdom/Light.

Therefore you can have the full 5 stack of SoV, have Crusader up on the mob, and judge away.
Spectrum
Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:13 am
SoV + JoC = nummy TPS.

I tend to avoid seal weaving because with my 1.6 speed weapon I have enough trouble with it falling off as is. It hasn't been an issue on bosses yet to just use Rmax Consecrate + Rmax HS + SoV + JoC + JoV. But then again, that may change.
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

"The skill-gear curve is steep for small values of skill."

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
Woe
Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:10 pm
I've been thinking about adding SoV into my threat rotation as well.
How much more threat does a lolprot get with SoV/Sor/JoV weaving than SoR alone? Is it worth doing in T5/T6 gear or should I just stick with the repentance libram and with SoR/JoR?
Worldie
Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:16 pm
Menaging both Sov and SoR is somewhere close to 100 more TPS.

However it's SO unreliable that it's most of the times not worth doing.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
jere
Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:43 pm
Well, having a little expertise/hit gear along with reckoning and a windfury totem helps Smile
_________________
MrDuck
Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:03 pm
Still,using SoV alone, just judging SoR when cooldown is ready and SoV not stacked keeps me HIGH above our warrior tanks lately, and i actually managed to offtank gruul, so stay 2nd on threat, with T6 geared raid there. True that i'm going for threat a lot on my gear (2xt4 bonus ftw), cos thanks to badge gear i'm outgearing T5 content where my guild progresses anyways, but still i had such threat stats if i was even starting T6 content (hyjal pugs don't count:p).

So imo, SoV = pure win, as i said in another thread already,who cares if stack drop if your lead is 130k threat vs 90k from that warrior tank Razz
_________________
Fivelives
Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:59 pm
Why would you not judge JoV at 1k+ SD?
QuantumDelta
Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:23 pm
..Cuz JoR does more damage with the libram? Oo
_________________