Skip to content
Maintankadin

Seal of Blood "Tanking" - maths errors?

Candiru
Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:29 am
Ah yeas, Avenging wrath.

I'm afraid its been off my bars since it started causing forbearance.

I'll have to find a new location for it...

While it will scale our threat, it won't be significantly affected by the BL, while in TBC a wings+bloodlust with SoR would generate imba threat.

SoB might only be a sensible choice in normal gear and spec during Bloodlust, but if that is the case we should know about it (and also if the same applies to SoR in the event a fight requires no SoB, eg RoS P1.)
Lowgrus
Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:04 pm
So I just switched to SoV from SoB becausei did some testing and with SotP SoV came out ahead about 300 dps. Now unfortunatly I didn't think about this but losing 5 percent crit from being specced SoB has I think really messed up my ShoR crit and really we all can agree that we get our biggest numbers from ShoR especially when it crits. I mean SoV definitly fails without seal of the pure I wish we could just freaking spec into Seals/conviction/ and PoJ.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVA0uGtfIRhoxf0x

I'd really wish they'd switch Argent Defender in the tree and reckoning. And I'd take two points out of conviction and go PoJ but if you truly want it to be a threat spec ya myswell not have it and just rely on unholy aura. This would do some sick threat with SoV. Giving your shield slam/judgments a much greater chance to crit. I think I'm going to play around with it since nothing is going to kill me anyways at this point in the game. Or at least I'd totally blame my healers if it did. I'm giong to test this out tonight and see if i get gibbed on three drakes and see how much of a threat increase it is.
_________________
Nebuchadneza
Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 pm
A while back one of the suggested rotations was to swap Vengeance to Righteousness after 5 stacks on a sustained fight and cycle back to maintain the stack. I've never bothered doing this at any rate since my threat is still better than our other tanks with Vengeance alone.

For survival purposes I guess it doesn't really hold water to use a different seal since 10 expertise skill from the Glyph is a winner, but my stupid question is this:

Does Blood do more TPS than Righteousness?
_________________
Lowgrus
Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:52 pm
there are breaks very far spread out so you couldn't switch back to SoV before the stacks wore off and then str8 back to SoB after you refreshed the stack.

I think like every 32 seconds you get a freebie in there and thats assuming your just sitting there pounding the boss. Or assuming you do rotation flawlessly no MS. or whatever I don't know I could be wrong.
_________________