Skip to content
Maintankadin

Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis - WotLK/3.x

fafhrd
Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:29 am

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

theckhd wrote:Thanks. The lowbie 5-mans are 72 elites, so they won't work. But Saurfang blood beasts will be fine. However, I can already guess what they'll be from your data.

Code: Select all
level   armor
80   9729
81  10033
82      ?
83  10643

If you plot those three, you get a straight line of the form:
armor = 305*level - 14672

So a level 82 should be around 10338 armor based on the fit.

I actually suspect the fit is off slightly, as the lvl 80 value differs by 1 armor and the intercept is negative. In all likelihood it's a nonlinear function, but we're looking at a small enough level range that it's locally linear.


In a shocking turn of events the blood beasts (http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/8940/w ... 000437.jpg) have ... 10338 armor.
Jackinthegreen
Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:48 am

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Awesome work on the threat, although there is something I'm wondering...

Why is Black Bruise listed when it's a fist weapon? Warriors could probably use it well, but paladins can't.

In regards to threat, wouldn't Reckoning's last point gain more since it also includes blocks? Given the interactions of Redoubt's proc and Holy Shield combined we'll be blocking about 40% of all melee attacks. 10% of that would be 4% at least, so the last point could be worth at least three of the previous talent points.
Arees
Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Jackinthegreen wrote:In regards to threat, wouldn't Reckoning's last point gain more since it also includes blocks? Given the interactions of Redoubt's proc and Holy Shield combined we'll be blocking about 40% of all melee attacks. 10% of that would be 4% at least, so the last point could be worth at least three of the previous talent points.


Reckoning has always procced on blocks. However, during TBC it didn't proc on a block that negated all damage. This was changed during the beta for wotlk and the wording was changed to reflect what you are talking about. However, ranks 1 - 4 will still proc on a full block.
theckhd
Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Finkum wrote:One extra feature I'd be keen to see in your analysis Theck is to account for the various racial benefits for different weapon types.

As a dwarf paladin, I have always tried to find tanking maces to get the free +5 expertise bonus, but obviously increased weapon damage from higher iLevel non-mace weapons will outpace the benefits of the additional expertise at some point.

This is possible, but it seems like a lot of work to generate a different plot for every race. Especially since you can just look at the stat analysis and figure out how much DPS your racial is worth, and modify the weapon results by hand.

The short version is that a 5 expertise racial is worth about 40 expertise rating, which is ~150 TPS according to the stat graphs. That's enough to boost a weapon up an entire ilvl tier. Of course, it's only about half that if you have 26 expertise without the weapon equipped.
theckhd
Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Jackinthegreen wrote:Why is Black Bruise listed when it's a fist weapon? Warriors could probably use it well, but paladins can't.

Because in my haste to include all the new weapons, I failed to notice it was a fist weapon. I'll take it out for round 3. :P
Jackinthegreen
Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:03 am

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

WATERBOYsh wrote:Reckoning has always procced on blocks. However, during TBC it didn't proc on a block that negated all damage. This was changed during the beta for wotlk and the wording was changed to reflect what you are talking about. However, ranks 1 - 4 will still proc on a full block.


Ah, then it's a tooltip oversight. The talent on points 1-4 only reads as proccing off damaging attacks. Looks like something worthwhile to report if only for the sake of accuracy.

@Theck: :P Thanks. lol
Ocin
Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

I'm seeing insane DPS on 10 and 25 man ICC trash with the SoC spec. I was 3 on Recount for overall DPS on 25 and I was fighting a rogue for first place on 10 man. As far as my armory and what's different from my normal set, I used a slow 1-handed axe from one of the new heroics and a DKM strength card instead of the Ignus trinket. 7700 DPS sustained and sometimes spiking higher.

For the new heroics, I'm seeing 3-4k overall DPS, but not as much as I thought. No where near 6k. Is anyone seeing 6k in the new heroics and can you sandbox your gear set and spec?
Wrathy
Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Ocin wrote:For the new heroics, I'm seeing 3-4k overall DPS, but not as much as I thought. No where near 6k. Is anyone seeing 6k in the new heroics and can you sandbox your gear set and spec?

I easily Break 6k in the new heroics. I'm logged out in my threat gear atm.