Skip to content
Maintankadin

Thinking about Dropping Ardent Defender

Zeels
Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:22 pm
Had 1% mitigation last kara. 7 deaths avoided (not true, well since I did die, and those saves wasn't enough). Had bad streak with 2 wipes on Nightbane.
So 5 deaths avoided. One was me pulling trash when the healers wasn't on their feet. I'm kind of happy with the talent tbh, won't drop it for now at least.

Going to see what it yields @ ZA on sunday.

Actually now that I think about it. The avoided death counter should IMO only be increased after leaving in combat mode. I mean it might have avoid a death, but if I still die in the same fight 5mins later, I dunno if it really saved me. Probably had 5 out of those 7 on Nightbane when we did wipe the 2 times.
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!
Brenaldd
Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:43 pm
I dunno about you but i dont wanna respec for every pull in a raid,
Some people say its better for trash and not so good for bosses.
You gonna get a port to IF before every boss fight to respec, come back and do the fight, and then go respec again for more trash? not a great way to spend money IMO
Bellonda
Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 pm
Well, on the Kara level, it's not worth dropping. Sometimes you take that huge burst, and it's there saving your ass. I've had it count as high as 38 times in one day, of which 21 were in Kara(sourcerous shades aoe tanking, prince trash and prince) and the other 17 in Bota heroic trash pulls Razz. But then, my gear is crap too.
Aalryn
Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:18 pm
I made a comment yesterday that AD saved my ass about 15 times.. no joke, I was under 6k hp so many times yesterday for what seemed like an eternity.
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
Aarek
Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:38 am
My guild finally downed High King yesterday and we started in on attempts on Gruul. Surprisingly, first attempt we got em down in the 30% range. I'm main tanking since the other main tank is a warrior and can hold second on the aggro easier then me.

AD saved my life about 30 times per attempt. I'm definitely keeping it for progression's sake.
_________________

Neganur
Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:51 pm
did an ssc joint alt run with a couple of my servers top guilds cause we were bored
on morogrim my two main healers got graved and I went low for a loooong time >.<

the tankadin addon told me: 1mio damage taken, 3200 mitigated through ardent defender, 1 death averted.

worth every point spent in it
_________________
Tahl
Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:53 am
See this thread for info on the Commendation of Kael'Thas.

I never wanted to drop Ardent Defender before, but now it's even better due to harmonizing so well with this trinket. Once you get low you start dodging more AND taking less damage on the ones that still get through. And it all happens automatically? Yes, please!
Azulito
Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm


This is why ardent defender matters...

(i know there are a bunch of people that have SS of AD saving them on illidan and stuff like that, but this was my most recent "thank god for AD" moment Smile
_________________
While warriors are playing with their lucky charms and their CC's, a pally gets to run in there like a bull in a china shop and wreck things up.

-Traurgar, lvl 70 Warrior on Lightbringer