Candiru
Thu May 07, 2009 10:10 pm
Re: Enchant Weapon: Blade Ward - testing results
If you had reckoning you should get quite a lot more procs. I'm not convinced its worth it though!

cordelia wrote:I haven't done the math, but I'd be willing to bet the probabilities of Scenario 1 and 2 are identical, and relate specifically to a series of hits coming in around the original health range of 25,000-27,000.
Kaeos wrote:As promised here is a WWS from a night in [10]Ulduar. It contains progression kills of Hodir, Thorim and Iron Council.
At Hodir I had 20% uptime on Blade Warding. I don't think I was blockcapped in my Frost Gear, had a hard enough time staying uncrit. I was using Broken Promise (Stonegaurd doesn't have +Def).
Interestly, on Thorim (try 6 our kill, parser died in hallway) Blade Ward has 9% uptime. I suppose this is due to multiple mobs making me parry more often, but I also thought HotR would account for more procs. It only did dmg 3 times. I was tanking the Arena.
At Iron Council, it only proc'd once the entire fight, which is -very- suprising. Makes me wonder if it's actually accurate.
Ignis was a bunch of fail due to lack of a skilled 2nd tank.
If you go to the 'All Bosses' tab, Blade Warding has 2% uptime. But this may be useless information as this includes a lot of wiping, especially a near instant wipe in Council.
Loras wrote:Getting a bit tired of all those PPM stuff clearly favorizing warriors and their x99 melee/instant attacks that increase the ppm chance.
Culhag wrote:Loras wrote:Getting a bit tired of all those PPM stuff clearly favorizing warriors and their x99 melee/instant attacks that increase the ppm chance.
Err... the whole idea of a ppm is that it will ignore how fast you actually hit the mob.
Interesting, pushes Agility even farther ahead when you consider the armor gained as well. Shame to see it be so lack luster in the end.cordelia wrote:TL;DR: If you stack no parry, this enchant is more avoidance than 26 AGI. If you stack typical avoidance pieces (Kyzoc's, Sand-Worn, Callous-Hearted), this enchant is about equivalent avoidance to 26 AGI. Warriors gain an extra 28% avoidance from this enchant due to more specials that can proc it, and this enchant beats agi hands down. No clue about DK's.