Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mythic Oregorger

Quietmode
Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:35 pm

Mythic Oregorger

My guild tried oregorger mythic for the first time tonight, was wondering if anyone had done some research onto how the Acid Torrent scales with mitigation.

In one of our longer attempts, the damage range for acid torrent was between 177k and 218k. But I know on one of those attempts I pulled out all the stops to try and see if i could really cut down the raid damage. I had Pain suppression (40%), Guardian of Ancient Kings (50%), SotR (~25-30%?), and my Turnbuckle Trinket activated for another 2k BA. All that basically made the raid take like ~180k per person instead of ~200-220k per person which doesnt seem worth the effort.

The main point of my post is I'm thinking there is a cap or a sweet spot for what kind of CD's you want to use, anyone else put some thought into this?


I'll tack on what we are using for our CD's if anyone has any tips.
I don't know exactly what my Offtank (a warrior) is using, but here is what I'm doing + externals:

1: (Me) Pain suppression + DP + SotR
2: (War) Sac from Holy
3: (Me) Sac from Holy + DP + SotR [If you cast the first DP just right, its up again for the 2nd, but wont be for third]
4: (War) Sac from Ret
5: (Me) Sac from Ret + Turnbuckle + SotR
6: (War) Sac from Me
7: (Me) Vigilance from Warrior + DP + SotR

I save Guardian of the Ancient kings for if someone dies or screws up their CD. Raid cooldowns aren't being called by me, but I think Spirit link, barrier, and smoke bomb are being cast on the tanks, when it seems like any more mitigation on us would be miniscule compared to adding it to the raid.

Not sure if you guys would know about this, but I'm taking considerably less damage than my warrior tank from Acid torrent. Is that just because SotR is superior in this case? or is there maybe something I should ask my warrior tank to look into. I took on average 176k dmg per torrent all night and he took 241k dmg on average.
Schroom
Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:29 am

Re: Mythic Oregorger

yes there is a cap at about ~180k

immunities do work, your raid will get the minimum damage of 180k.

I play with a warrior as partner.

basic reduce always is SoTR and DP-gyphed for me (if you time it right, and don't use it during immunities it should be ready every time )

for our warrior he should use his SBar with as much rage as possible all the time. (as far as I know acid torrent can't be blocked).

we have 1hpalay and a ret, and 2 DPS warriors, 1 Discpriest, 1 Restodruid,

here is our complete CD rotation:

Pala SoTR / DP -> Vigilance
Warri SBar -> Painsup
Pala BoP
Warri BoP
Pala SoTR / DP / GoAk
Warri SBar / Shieldwall
Pala SoTR / AD / DP

---------------run-----------

Pala SoTR / DP -> Vigilance
Warri SBar -> HoSac/Vigilance
Pala BoP
Warri BoP
Pala SoTR / DP / Ironbark
Warri SBar / Shieldwall if ready, if not -> Vigilance + HoSac
Pala SoTR / DP / GoAK

--------------run-------------

Pala SoTR / DP -> Vigilance
Warri SBar -> Painsup
Pala Bubble
Warri BoP
Pala SoTR / DP / AD
Warri SBar / Shieldwall
Pala SoTR / DP/ GoAK

firs kill video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHjX-g8wpcY
Quietmode
Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:14 am

Re: Mythic Oregorger

Ah I didn't know that about Immunities, may have to change from having the current tank take it, to having the 2nd tank do it and do bops/bubble more in our rotation, most likely on the warrior since he takes more damage than I do.

So it seems like since I have a good mess of CD's on my from DP+SotR+Sac, We should probably use DA/Spirit Link/Barrier on the Raid group instead of trying to get more mitigation on me.

Also I thought Absorbs didn't count for "mitigating" the acid torrent, SBar doesnt help the raid very much.
Schroom
Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:21 am

Re: Mythic Oregorger

it is always the Offtank who should take the torrent. Getting meleed quite hard in the face AND getting hit by acid torrent is way worse than just having one tank getting melee hits and the other getting like ONE big hit.

share the load is what you could call it. Having the active tank take it can result in unfortunate one-shots. AND because the second comment on what you said -> Absorbs DO count towards mitigating acid torrent.

And it is way easier to build up a huge absorb bubble on your offtank then on your active tank, the argument speaks for itself.

clarity of will is "the shit" here.