Skip to content
Maintankadin

Soloing Garr: Post 3.0 Patch

Necrolite
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:30 pm

Soloing Garr: Post 3.0 Patch

So.

alot has changed for us as paladins. arguably some very nice changes, and some a bit "meh". So, now that we've had the joy of patch day \0/ ive put on my Garr set, and found that i've lost about 11% avoidance!

noes. so i see people speaking of regemming/enchanting, to get over 102,4% what have people changed?

currently im sat on 95.62% with no buffs other than devo aura up.

Gearwise, im using this: http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/81903

gems and enchants correct, minus the meta (they nerfed it)

so that 95.62% i have atm (with 5/5 anticipation for the dodge) really needs to be in excess of 102,4% - how do i do it ? Surprised

E: Equipped Shadowmoon insignia in place of the auto blocker, given my block value is high enough already. changed sword for mace from supremus. changed 5 def/7sta in belt to 10 def. now sitting at 99.28%
_________________
Fafa
Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:14 am
http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/116945 - 104.6% passive (yes there is waste, I know - I went all out instead of planning it out), enjoy Cool

If you plan out a set on warcrafter(use a 0/49/12 spec) for 108% you should be fine.
but for reference since the stats on there are fubar here is what my actual stats are:
535 def
29.04% dodge
17.60% parry
44.74% block
811 block value
14127 hp (only took dmg from adds exploding, nothing else - never dropped below 50% with judgement of light and seal of light until they were all dead, no trinket used, no healing, no pots, no bubble, etc)

of course this is not really necessary if you have 45 minutes of free time to actually sit there and fight him and an extra 100g to allow you to spec into stoicism...

its an "I'm gonna go watch a movie while I kill this boss" gear set
Necrolite
Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:24 am
thanks, only thing im missing is the sword and ring Smile gona regem to what you've got there, and see how i go.
_________________
Seloei
Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:11 am
Imho, dont bother
The only ones that matter, is the small adds. For those you need... err... 92% avoidance? so that their attacks are blocked. Garr himself hits for 600 at best, and with a undispellable Seal of Light (if you want to get it) you can just outheal that easy.

Even when i was just in normal tanking gear (18% from crushable) i was taking almost no damage from him or the adds, an occasional immolate but that was that. Was with a shaman + kitty tho
_________________
loladine
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:19 pm
it is true now that with the changes u can dont really need to have uncrushable u can do with like 9x ish % and use holy shield pretty much constantly since u dont go oom at all

BoSanctuary is so awesome at start since u get pretty much infinite mana supply :p
Shoju
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:37 am
I'm actually going to be trying this soon. Armory link in my sig. I'm a little light on block value (550 ish) but I figure it shouldn't be too bad.


Would FR aura be good for this? Or should I just stick to Devo?
_________________
My Paladin
TBC: {11/11 kz}{2/2 gl} {1/1 mag} {6/6 za} {6/6 ssc} {4/4 TK} {4/5 MH} {9/9 BT} I HATE YOU ARCHIMONDE
Janduin
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:43 am
Hmmm, that's strange, my set still works and I didn't have to change anything. The 5% dodge from Anticipation made for the loss of 20 defense and DR for me.

One thing I do like a lot is that soloing Garr is A LOT faster now Very Happy. Now if only he'd drop a goddamn binding (8 months and counting...).
_________________
$hOTty
Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:29 am
Is it possible to solo Garr in full FR gear as ret? I mean, I can easily solo Onyxia and was wondering if I could so the same for Garr. With Sanctified seals, the Pulse wont be a problem...right?
$hOTty
Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:48 am
Ok, i'll rephrase the question...Is it possible to solo Garr as ret?
Sarkan-ZdC
Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:23 am
Try it and let me know Rolling Eyes
Tréfa
Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:48 pm
I don't see how it would work ret. I almost got 1-shotted on the pull when all the firesworn applied their individual immolates all at once on top of melee hits for 500 a piece.

Pretty much got killed before I could even react to bubble.
Sarutankah
Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:37 pm
Lol ret spec.... With tank gear obviously.


As long as you get passive uncrush it doesn't matter so much Wink
_________________