Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tips on Moroes and Maiden

kaisaa
Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:39 am

Tips on Moroes and Maiden

This will only be our guild's 2nd night in Kara and I am going to be MT and am fairly nervous about it. We are hoping to down Moroes and Maiden and our RL, who has been many times before with his old guild, is hoping to do the opera event too, but I don't know if we will get that far tonight.

I have read the comments on WoWhead so know the basic strategies on the two fights, just wondering if anyone had any pally specific tips for me though.
Questioner
Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:43 am
On maiden, if you are MT, the key is.....SPAM.

The silence makes it feel like you've got a ton of lag. Just keep mashing holy shield, consecration and judgement/seal.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Honorshammer
Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:51 am
I'm pretty sure there is a thread on each boss in this forum.

Right now, you are just nervous. I was too. Trust your team. These are people you've been running with for a coulpe months now in all liklihood. They know what you can do, you know what they can do. Be on time, be prepared (food, pots, oils).

Be sure you have read up on the TRASH. There are mobs in the trash pulls which can wipe your raid. Give the Valets to a Druid or Warrior. Trust me. Call out to the raid when the Steward get you drunk. Watch out for the debuff the Waiters give.

Moroes is much more about CC than tanking. If you can bring two Priests for two shackles, that makes the fight easier. Also one priest works well if you have a Hunter who can chain trap (mine can't trap to save his life).

Have a plan for how you will deal with Garrotte. Dwarves FTW! You will need to BoP someone in your raid to clear it once. Be sure you don't eat a crush because of poor cooldown management working in a BoP.

Maiden. To tank or not to tank. If you are the only Paladin in your raid, I humbly submit to you that you are more helpful as a healer / cleanser than as a tank. BoSac the tank, and keep him up during the Repentance.

I have tanked her. It's a pain. I litterally spent the whole fight watching my buttons. Seeing a skill going on cooldown was the only way I knew I got it off.
_________________

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/
Igrado
Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:50 am
DW about it, I once had a druid buddy ask me to Blosac him... I refused, on the grounds I'm a homophob.
_________________

"And were I e'en to die, the cursed enemy would not tear his gaze from me for fear that I should rise back up."
Chloe
Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:36 am
Every time I tank Maiden, I'm scared I might break my "g" key (which is bound to Holy Shield). ):

Moroes is simple if you can keep your group organized. The most important thing is to shackle Daris if you get him and to kill Millstripe first if you have her...mana burn rapes your healers. Always establish a kill order.

The way my group does it is have a shaman ES tank one of the girls, shackle Daris (we ALWAYS seem to get him x.x; ) and then I tank Moroes + the other two. You kill the shaman target and then the two adds on the MT, and then Moroes. The shackle target stays shackled the whole fight. If you only have one tank (as we do x.x damn OT's being on summer holiday), a rogue can build agro on Moroes with Bladefurry and act as OT and eat all those blinds etc. If you get gouged and lose agro they can pop evasion until you're back up. SoB works wonders here for breaking Moroes' stuns (:

Best of luck!
_________________


phantomguildhakkar.co.nr