Skip to content
Maintankadin

WoW Heroes accurate?

ryan4nayr
Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 pm

WoW Heroes accurate?

A guildie pointed me to http://wow-heroes.com/index.php & I decided to check it out.

Lay-out looks neat & content is well presented, but I kinda doubt it's accuracy. It claims my currently prot-specced paly is kara & early gruul's lair ready, which is a bit wonky since my "best" tanking gear only lands me at 74ish% uncrushable with HS. My effective health is probly fooling the web site, currently sitting at 15.5k ac, 14k hp BoK+Devotion only.

Since I'm only tanking heroics I don't really need uncrushable but this site's kinda lying if that puts me in gruul's.
_________________
Are you down with OPPaly ?
Ulushnar
Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:27 pm
Wow-heroes seems to really be focussed on your overall gear level with gems and enchants without looking into specifics like Uncrushability, since they don't apply to about 90% of classes/specs.

Much as I occasionally revile be.imba.hu's ludicrous hit obsession, it will at least flag if your uncrushable.

Basically use the gear aggregator sites as a measure of your overall gear level, but use common sense with that. If you're wanting to check your raid-worthiness, then do so in a raid-ready set of gear (ie one that's uncrushable).
_________________
Blog


Do you use your powers for Good, or for Awesome?
Andurin
Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:47 am
Hmm... Must say that this site gives a nice overvieuw of your char (more clearer then the Armory at least Rolling Eyes ) But I really doubt the raid thingies...

I`m having fun in kara and such... but it gets pretty hard at times, so I dont even wanna try gruul / maggy Embarassed (Should actually just give it a shot and see how hard I get hit... )

Judge for yourself.... http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Emerald%20Dream&name=Andurin <---- My tonkadin

Would you like to have that tanking your Gruul's / Maggy run? Or focus on ZA? Razz
_________________
Andurin - Tankadin Emerald Dream EU

Tonked: Kara: 11/11 | ZA: 6/6 | Gruuls Lair: 2/2 | SSC 5/6 Other Raids: 0/rest of the game
Seloei
Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:23 am
the site is... uhm... flawed
It works for a dps/healing char, most of the times. It works fine with my hunter but its giving very inaccurate upgrades/suggestions for casters and tanks.

If i followed his advice, i should be going for guardians ornamental bracers! and change the weapon to Kings Defender.

its a good way to overview your enchants and see if you missed anything but take it with a grain of salt. Most of the stuff it suggests is ok, some is just wrong.
_________________
ldeboer
Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:44 pm
It is accurate enough to show what your gear is capable of running and it doesn't use blizzards gear level rating system to rate gear, it is rated class specific. Thus putting PVP gear on wont give you a super high rating neccessarily unless you are something like a shadow priest which that gear works for.

The downside yes it doesnt check uncrit, uncrush etc ratings.

I far prefer it over imba and they appear to be updating and fixing stuff up.

It also cant rate how good a player you are Smile

Like all these things its a guide and useful to that extent.
_________________