Skip to content
Maintankadin

How to Solo Garr: A Guide for Warrior and Paladin Tanks

Achtung
Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:16 pm
Got the Garr binding just now.

I think it was my 5th or 6th attempt on Garr.

Been farming Geddon simultaneously, but no binding from him yet.

One step closer, heh Smile
_________________
Yae, 70 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde
Eanaddare
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:06 am
Just want to confirm that as long as you keep BoSanc, holy shield, JoL and SoV up, you only need around 80% avoidance (~110% when holy shield is active)

The downside is that you will need to replenish the dispelled buff for ~40-50 min.
AergisAergis's avatar
Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:01 am
Heh, finally got around to trying this after 3.0.2. Got the binding on the first try... Now I wonder if I can do baron with less than 300 fr?

Sucks though eh? Now I have still kill garr every time? Bummer Laughing
_________________
Uphir
Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:24 am
How much different is it now? I was thinking about trying it sometime.

Edit: OK, its really easy, it took me a couple tries to get there, and that core hound that goes all the way to the tunnel gave me problems the 1st time, i just killed him the 2nd. lol No Bindings though Crying or Very sad
_________________
I need a sig >.<
Varu
Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:59 am
After one of the other tanks in the guild told me about this, I tried it at 4am one morning. 1st time in there, had a few hiccups with pulls on the invis part, but got a clean pull on Garr and got bindings time! Now time to farm Geddon...
Solight
Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:38 am

Re: How to Solo Garr: A Guide for Warrior and Paladin Tanks

Can't you just get a soul stone, run all the way to the end and lay on hands if needed and then just start the fight right there instead of waiting for the core hounds to pass?
_________________
Underpowered
Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:12 pm
Tried this for the first time as a paladin. With 93% avoidance no less. Surger, 2 Core Hounds, and a 1 hour Garr. AFKing is impossible though sadly. So is getting a binding to drop when you have the other one Sad
Thoreneor
Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
so its not neccessary anymore to have 102.4? Im able to get like 85% would that be enough? is it possible to do it with HS up all the time? which specc should i use?
_________________
Krazy
Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:02 am
I tried this yesterday with about 80ish avoidance. I figured HS would keep my block up above the cap....

Result? I aggroed core hounds, annilihators, and giants to play with and soloed them all. Garr himself was a different story. The adds simply hit too fast and there are too many. They eat up the HS charges before you can refresh it and each hit deals about 500 damage so any that go through HS hurt and they add up fast.


Long story short, trash is easy...but for Garr/Adds you pretty much have to be passive block capped or you will get boned.


For the record I tried this at level 75...I'm level 80 now and going to work on rebuilding a block set so I can do it in the future.
Krazy
Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:16 am
After killing ony I decided to head back to MC to give garr another shot...despite not being passive uncrushable...I defeated garr just keeping HS up.

No bindings though...maybe next week. Did get a fun new shield and a brutality blade.


_________________