Skip to content
Maintankadin

Soloing Garr

hopps
Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:13 am
actually theres techs in vaels room, and you can get alot of the other techs by just killing broodlord...besides bwl is 10 mannable now.
kolori
Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:43 am
Did my Raggyrun today, and then ventured into Silithus Smile

Seloei
Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:50 am
Ugh... bring atleast 2 uncrushable shields incase... Just now 2 adds did not die off after he "enraged" and shield broke at 28% on garr. Only had a healing shield with me...

Deathfrost was doing ~10% of total damage tho. Wish i hadn't changed to mongoose over to deathfrost now ><

edit: his going down but need to juggle pots/sol/bow
_________________
Janduin
Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:38 am
Yeah I had the detonation problem last time two. 4 were still up, and though I was seeing the emote they weren't dropping. As Hank said, the solution was to bubble, run away from the way, turn around and run back. They all blew up properly soon after. Still no bindings Sad
_________________
Titanshammer
Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 am
Kill Garr 130ish times total, 2 bindings ( went to warrior tanks pre BC ), 15 solo kills, 0 bindings so far. I've had Aurastone so many times now... like 10 out of the 15 solo kills.
_________________
SWP 2/6 Pre Nerf.
Lore
Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:47 am
I noticed something interesting today. The one surger that gets in the way before you use your first invis pot (and usually stares at you until you hop up out of the lava) was dropping combat while still attacking me, so long as I didn't attack back. If I DS'ed, I was able to stay out of combat (while he was still swinging at me, mind you) long enough to get into position and pop an invis potion to run to the "waiting area." He didn't come after me once the invis pot wore off.

I'm not sure if this was just a one-time glitch or if it's something repeatable, but it saved a lot of time.
_________________
Station wagons are my favorite things.
Trevize
Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:54 am
Resurrecting this old thread because I found something interesting. My guild has stopped raiding for the time being and I spec'ced ret for this and that. Using my uncrushable set while ret I went and did Garr.

Sanctified seals popped in my head. For Alliance, having this talent allows you to use SoV without it getting dispelled. My garr kill went from >2hrs to about 45 mins.

So if you want to do a kind of funky spec, you can greatly increase your kill speed if you have a time crunch. Hope this helps Wink

No binding yet though!
_________________

Boomadin on the weekends...pardon the horrendous tanking stats.
Fafa
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:21 pm
Just as an update, he is still very much afk-soloable as long as you can hit 102.4% after the 3.0 changes. I had to change a lot of gems and enchants Confused

After the adds died I didn't take a single point of dmg - the gear changes bumped my bv in that set to up over 800, so you don't even have to worry about judgement of light.

Just for fun I actually specced into stoicism and dps'd him - took 41 mins as opposed to the 2.5 hours afking it heh Laughing
Fafa
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:52 pm
mostly stam gems/enchants to def gems, agility on weapon, shield block on shield, etc

I had to use very few avoidance gems/enchants before the patch to hit 102.4, but the change in anticipation made it so I had to use almost all of them.