Skip to content
Maintankadin

Soloing Garr

Seloei
Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:22 am
Was wondering... which enchant to slap on the weapon for the most damage?

Currently got mongoose and thinking of deathfrost more and more, since because it is an avoidance weapon... the extra slowdown on other bosses where this is used can be beneficial.
but... which one gives more bang for the buck?
mongoose gives a fairly big "extra crit chance" but it's almost wasted due to our low base crit and the 5% haste on a 1 hander is quite meak.
deathfrost gives a chance to proc 158 damage per minute. With an usual kill time of 2 hours and 8% procrate...
_________________
moduspwnens
Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:17 am
Deathfrost or Fiery would probably both be good choices. I wouldn't know, though, cause I always have 20 agility on my weapon for the 0.8% dodge.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Lawa
Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:38 am
I was bored last night and I take some old gear from bank, re-gemed and re-enchanted, this morning take me like 2 hours to learn how to get to him and after 3 hours he was dead...



I killed him with shaman like 100 times, never saw drops, killed him with paladin also (in raid) like 10+ times, this was my 1st solo run and it droped Cool Ty all for tips, guides, etc Cool

ps. Im gona add some real screenshots from fight, since I was in netcaffe and atm im home Wink
_________________
why?
moduspwnens
Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 am
I'll %@#@ing stab you.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
kolori
Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:39 pm
I can't resist to put some more salt into moduspwnens wounds Smile

That in the bank is what you can see.. and guess whats next to it on the right Wink



My fifth kill for Geddon and I got my binding from him, two weeks later my seventh kill for Garr and he dropped the other one. Now I'm trying to organize a Ragnaros raid, missing only his essence, some fiery cores and 30 arcane crystals!

Edit: resized image ^^
moduspwnens
Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:42 pm
brb jumpin off bridge
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Requinix
Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:43 am
I have a shadow priest on a seperate account from my Prot Pally.

If I just /follow with my priest and keep dots up on Garr will this be fairly easy?
_________________


plisken451
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:57 am
But even if you do manage to get a Ragnaros raid together (good luck on finding enough people to douse the runes), you still have to get into BWL past Firemaw and kill the goblin technicians for the elementium ore. Good luck on getting your Thunderfury, but dang...that's a lot of work.
_________________