Skip to content
Maintankadin

Soloing Garr

lanmans
Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:44 am
Once you get to the safe spot (B on your map, just climb up the wall and get as close as you can before you fall off the ledge (its right next to that 2 pack (anihalator and fire elemtanal)). If your far enough up you can just sit there while the long patting dog walks right by you and you can wait for your invis pot. Ive done it a few times now and while Im in the safe spot Ill agro the anihalator on purpose and just kill him as I wait on my invis pot, good chance at some ah purples.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Lanmanith
fructi
Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:45 am
I want in in this club aswell! But I need _a lot_ more block value... will have to go collect that. Will start tonight when I get home from work I guess Smile
_________________
Daine
Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 am
Nice informative post Modus, thanks, especially with the picture. Been meaning to give it a go for months, but what with lack of luck with ZA drops and having to gear my priest to help the healer shortage it dropped to the bottom of my to-do list. Will probably give it a pop now though and exploit the knowledge to score the terrifyingly awesome Gut Ripper I have craved for eons... or something.
_________________
GM of The New Expedition, Defias (EU). 9/9 BT, 5/5 MH, 1/6 SWP.
stabface
Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:41 pm
Well, here is the best gear set I can put together for this... my guild doesn't really raid much so I don't have access right now to any tank gear beyond T4 level. (And when I do raid, I'm ret spec, so would be at best 2nd in line for any tank gear anyhow).
The only upgrade I see out of 5 mans / T4 would be Sun Eater, unless there's some bad item or other drop I missed? Do you think it's sufficient gear to pull this off? I guess I'll give it a shot and see in a week or so (still need SSO rep for shield & a few badges).

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/75665?b=0o

Also, does Warcrafter calculate the 10% BV bonus from Eternal Earthstorm Diamond? It doesn't seem like it does.
stabface
Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:40 pm
As I recall he does not dispel elixirs, but I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?
I have the green gems in to meet the meta requirements (2B 1Y). I'll work on getting a Sun Eater and give it a shot, then start upgrading to epic gems if I need... hopefully my BV is good enough as I don't see any good way to upgrade that at all.
Seloei
Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:40 am
Hmmm... the sun eater just wont drop at all... how viable would it be to go with a unbreakable will with mongoose on it? Is the proc reliable enough to get health back with jol while it isn't up?

edit: just realised triple def gems in chest and vindicators kit on pants would be enough to drop down to (with food+elixer) 2.08% which should be enough, even if mongoose is unreliable.
_________________
Daine
Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:23 am
You have to consider that 15% of all attacks crush, which if you're avoiding a ton means the ones that do hit will crush, and he crushes for about 1k as said. 20 agility would be better than mongoose either way in giving you a more reliable amount of avoidance, then SoL/JoL + bandage/bubble if needed will cover the rest. I was also pretty sure that dodge is better point-for-point avoidance than def rating, as is agi, but I might be wrong on those.
_________________
GM of The New Expedition, Defias (EU). 9/9 BT, 5/5 MH, 1/6 SWP.
moduspwnens
Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:32 am
Of course, none of this matters if he can dispell the Mongoose buff.

Last night I solo'd Garr, except I used a Gnomish Cloaking Device instead of waiting on that second Invisibility Potion (or the stupid Core Hounds to sync up their patrols). I easily made it to the corner, but unfortunately I forgot to swap in my Figurine of the Colossus, leaving me ~2.7% crushable for the entire fight.

It kinda sucked. Rather than being AFK virtually the whole time, I had to check on it every 15-20 minutes to make sure I wasn't dying. I'll never forget that again. Razz
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Animatt
Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:15 pm
Would anyone be willing to make a warcrafter or chardev passive uncrushable profile with items from za, kara and 5-mans if its possible for us that isnt raiding in ssc/tk and above yet but would like to try this out?
_________________
kolori
Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:26 pm
http://www.chardev.org/?template=61267 here, I made this last night for my warrior friend who was asking the same, it works on paladins too. Badge, za, kara and 5-man loots only.