Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is grinding on Supplicants still a good idea?

Frickit
Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:18 am
I will be killing supplicants when I get the chance until I am exalted with scryers. You can make a few bux too but better to just do your dailys.
My new badge loot isnt even open yet, if yours isnt open either, then for the love of god go do your dailys.
_________________
Ciandin
Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:30 pm
Don't worry about coords; I'll do this over the weekend, thanks. Since I'm a miner I generally keep Mine tracking activated, but it'd be nice to mix it up a bit.
_________________
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Byzant
Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:25 am
Zaxxis > Supplicants tbh. U can get exalted with the consortium in a day. U get loads of ethereum prison keys (got like 25 in 2-3 h), since the prison key mobs also drop rares u can get loads of LPSs. If you don't have enchanting u can always send'em to an alt or friend who has it, this way you also get your alt to exalted which ofc means u get even more free gems each month.

All this + the normal crap u get from mobs. Luv it.
Cearn
Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:47 am
I can't get more then six or seven mobs of zaxxis. that's just annoying
_________________
Cearn - 76 Tankadin - EU Anetheron
Romosch - 72 Beastfarm Hunter - EU Anetheron
"gay porn is gay."
farmerjohn
Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:04 am
Since IQD has opened, I have noticed less and less drops from Karabor Ruins, especially in tome drops. Not sure if it's just a broken RNG, or more tomes are dropping at IQD and not leaving many for me. Sad
_________________

I'll need an unlimited supply of Xena tapes and Hotpockets
Sparti
Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:58 pm
Supplicants never used to drop many tomes/signets to begin with. If it seems lower, I imagine the droprates of scryer rep items were universally reduced when iqd came out as a means of keeping the drain on the economy as low as possible.
_________________


Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Narcil
Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:48 am
I had a rotation of:

I pulled all 42 supplicants that are dueling
I pulled the line to the left and the left corner there (8-10 of them, maybe 1 caster)
I went to the top left tier, pulled the 2 at the stairs all the way up to the top (10-12)

by the time I finished, the main 42 were beginning to respawn

little down time, really good g/hr (tho I didnt it for Scryers Exalted, so didn't make as much $)

And I did it in all instance Blues, w/ Little problems
Discus
Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:01 am

nerfed for blue drops?

Thanks to this site I discovered the rewards of supplicant farming. However, their drop rate of blues/epics has plummeted for me recently. Well when I say plummeted I mean stopped altogether, I haven’t had a blue drop in 2 months from them.

I know its all supposed to be random, but frankly I don’t believe Blizz Very Happy, just look at the distribution of the heroic dailies.

Being a bit of a stats geek I noted drops.

Week 1 – 1 blue per hour, 1 epic in a week of 21-hours of farming
Week 2 – 1 blue per 3 hours
Week 3 – 1 blue per 5 hours
Week 4 – No blues

Now admittedly I was heavily farming for my epic flying mount and as many BoE epics as I could get to kick start my tankadin career and I’ve not been doing the 20 hour weeks since. But in 2 months since of probably 10 hours per week all blues have stopped.

I know that proper statisticians out there will scream “too small data set”, “your data isn’t normally distributed” etc but I smell one of 2 things. Either they nerfed the blue drop rate, coincidentally, whilst I was farming or the random drop mechanism is linked to mobs to prevent Gold Farming i.e. if you kill more than X mobs of the same type per time period then the drop rate plummets. The latter would make perfect sense to me and fits with anti-gold farming policy.

What are others recent experience with supplicant drops?
ehly
Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:35 am
I got my t6 shoulders the other day so had to go farm tomes. Tomes felt slower to me but I haven't farmed them in a very long time. I hit the supplicants and the BE areas below them as well. I'd estimate it took me 1-1.5 hrs to get the tomes I was short, and I picked up 1 boe blue as well as a blue mage spell book. Though it was supplicants + the other Bloodelves. Fairly sure the book dropped on the supplicants.
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
Discus
Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:45 am
I'm sure you're probably correct, but the drop off with time seems coincidental.

Other guildies have reported similar trends when they farm one spot for months.