Skip to content
Maintankadin

Compilation of AOE leveling locations

amh
Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:46 pm
I didn´t see this post until you linked it Kelaan, else I would´ve just posted here :) Looks nice!
Janduin
Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:17 am
There is a place NE of Icecrown Citadel in Icecrown, that has a bunch of Skeletal Runesmiths and Umbral Brutes. The Brutes have a knockback and I think the skellies have a sunder-like ability, but other than that they are all melee. There is a path going up to the ledge where there are no mobs, so you can land there safely every time.

What I did was put on all my block rating gear (not even close to passive uncrush anymore) including Figurine, which is still OP, mounted with Crusader, and rounded up all mobs. There is a big vase in the NE corner of the platform. Run behind it from the left and you find a place where you can wedge yourself and not get knocked back. Moreover, all mobs will be in your frontal cone. SoL/JoL, use Holy wrath liberally, and use Figurine. I did it crittable, which could be slightly scary a times, but I was able to do a pull every 3 minutes. Each pull was 16K or so XP unrested, which worked out to be ~1% at level 79. At level 79 that is 320K XP/hour. In getting from 45% to 80 I made a couple hundred golds and got ~260 frostweave cloth in less than 3 hours.
_________________
Fugg
Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:44 am
I am lvl 75 right now and just tested the Scarlet Onslaught Spot just north of Naxxramas. The mobs are between lvl 71-73 and spawn in four or five camps. I pulled around 10-14 mobs at once which gave me ~1600xp rested! That would be around 800xp unrested which leads to ~ 8k to 11k xp per pull. One pull with gathering mobs together takes aprox. 3mins (not really sure about that cause i had no stopwatch at that moment). That would lead to around 200k xp/h. But this is a very vague estimation. It really depends on how fast you can do one pull. For example if it takes only 2mins per pull xp/h would increase to 300k xp/h.

I like to add something about questing xp/h. I see all these numbers around 400-500k xp/h. From my point of view questing xp/h is much more fluctuating cause it depends on the class/spec you are playing, how long it takes to do the quests (cause some quests need more time then others) and on how many people are doing the quests at the same time (might be an advantage on just killquests if there is more people from your faction grouping with you but mostly its a disadvantage applied to drop or pickup quests). In addition you have to add the time you move from questgiver to questlocation and back (of course you can lower this by doing a couple of quests in one row but its still there). I am playing on very high populated server. So on nearly every quest that I do I have to wait for some mobs/objects to spawn. This is of course very much lowering my potential as a protpally on doing quests. In comparison aoe grinding is much more constant. So my point on this is that the questing xp/h is very much varying depending on so many factors that you cannot generalize it. Only real measurements with some addon would show your personal questing xp/h, from which you can suggest if aoe grinding or questing is better for you.

I will do some measurements next time i play to give you some data to compare.
ARogers
Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:11 pm
How are you guys getting so much XP/hour questing? I only get about 200k/hr

I'm almost 74 now. I've done most of Borean and Fjord.
amh
Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:27 am
Suzytincan found another spot in Icecrown on his/her way to Shadow Vault. I think it´s something similar to the undead army at the Front (just outside the Citadel). And yeah, this is a phased area, so you might see mobs randomly exploding whenever someone´s doing the abomination-quests. It´s still a very nice spot if you get it right. No casters :)