Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hearthstone

Jabari
Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Is this new Paladin Secret deck actually good? Lost to it yesterday with a dead-standard New Zoo, and it seems to be getting a bit of buzz. :shock:

That sucks Kysen. You tried the updated midrange Shaman yet? Valiant's the real deal, and so is the Tuskarr. Not sure what combination of Chow/Storm/Healbot to go with yet - there's only room for so much of it - was going 2 Chow/2 Healbot/0 Storm before, but I'm not so sure now.
KysenMurrin
Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Hearthstone

I tried Shaman early on and didn't get off to a good start. Right now I have a 40g Shaman quest so I'm avoiding it.
Passionario
Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:59 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Worldie wrote:Anyone has a proper decklist for Dragon Priest? I'd give it a go maybe... I have enough dust to craft a few rares.

No idea what the proper one is, but I currently run this one:

Image
KysenMurrin
Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Re: Hearthstone

This is the one I tried. Lot less top heavy. Think it was one Reynad made? Can't remember.
http://i.imgur.com/5Zpd22p.png

I've gone back and forth between Rend and Black Knight, but honestly for the last few days I've not been seeing anywhere near enough big minions to bother with either. The ladder's 75% Hunter.
KysenMurrin
Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:53 am

Re: Hearthstone

Got some of my mojo back with a Control Paladin deck I threw together. The original thought I had was that Enter the Coliseum would be good if you're playing single strong minions and the opponent's flooding board, but as it worked out, the way I built the deck meant I keep having loads of small minions myself. I'm still running the Coliseum for now on the theory that I can get into a situation where I trade my dudes into the opponent's biggest guy then play Coliseum to clear all but something small, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I had to craft Justicar for the deck, but I would have done that anyway soon enough. I still have 6300 dust from my packs.

Image

By the way, this deck often seems to win on a similar principle to the Dreadsteed decks. If you can generate more 1/1 tokens than your opponent can keep clearing, you start to overwhelm them.
I'm still not convinced by Joust cards. Master Jouster works well in my Ramp Druid, but I found King's Elekk too weak a turn 2 play in Hunter and these Tuskarr Jousters don't seem worth it when they fail.
Passionario
Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:23 am

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:I've gone back and forth between Rend and Black Knight, but honestly for the last few days I've not been seeing anywhere near enough big minions to bother with either. The ladder's 75% Hunter.

I guess I'm playing against the remaining 25%. My last 10 games on ladder were against: Control Priest, Control Warrior, two Hunters (one of which conceded on turn 2 after losing a joust), two Mech Mages, Ramp Druid, Oil Rogue, Tempo Mage and a Combo Druid.

(I lost most of those games, too) :(
KysenMurrin
Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:26 am

Re: Hearthstone

I'm getting more of an even mix this morning. Noticing more Shamans.
Passionario
Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:30 am

Re: Hearthstone

Finally clawed my way to rank 5 chest.

Ladder got decidedly more difficult after rewards were announced and the post-release volatility isn't helping.
KysenMurrin
Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:53 am

Re: Hearthstone

I've been fighting over the same one star for a couple of hours, but I'm really enjoying this Paladin deck anyway. I swapped the Coliseum for a 2nd Quartermaster, because I'd not once run into the kind of situation it'd be useful.

Also, just as I was getting used to not playing around Mirror Entity, I started running into Mages that still use it.
KysenMurrin
Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Finally got to rank 5. Hardest time I've ever had with it. Six of my last seven games were against Paladin (mostly Secret, one aggro, one or two control).
KysenMurrin
Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:12 am

Re: Hearthstone

Wish I knew what the hell happened. (Look at Hunter and Paladin.)


Edit: Also, god I hate joust. I swapped in some Zombie Chows to fight all the aggro, and of course that made my healing even more unreliable. Might have to swap to Healbots, but I don't like losing the 5/5/5.
KysenMurrin
Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:01 am

Re: Hearthstone

I have officially given up on ladder. I'm rank 5, couldn't stay in rank 4. I'm spending the rest of the day playing a Mage deck in casual with 30 cards with "random" in the text.
Jabari
Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:16 pm

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:I've been fighting over the same one star for a couple of hours, but I'm really enjoying this Paladin deck anyway. I swapped the Coliseum for a 2nd Quartermaster, because I'd not once run into the kind of situation it'd be useful.


Did you ever try fitting Murloc Knights (aka: possibly the best card of the whole set) in? Holy god that card is good. Think of it as a 6-drop, not a 4-drop, but it's an instant massive board presence and a single-card win condition.

(For that list you had there earlier, I'd take out the Enter the Colosseum and Justicar for them.)

I've not put them in a normal ladder deck yet, just getting them in Brawl. (Had a "win 5 Brawl" and "Win 5 Paladin" quest at the same time.) Turn 6 Knight was game-winning every single time it happened.
KysenMurrin
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Seems to be a staple in midrange Paladin now, but I've not tried it.

I've been having loads of fun this evening with a Priest deck that just stacks up every possible way to take things from the opponent. I just had a Druid match that ended like this: http://i.imgur.com/WPTufGW.jpg

(That whole board happened in one turn. Mindgames into Aviana, played Nefarian who gave me Innervate.)



Edit: Season rewards are out. For rank 4 I got a golden Mana Wyrm, Freezing Trap, and Elemental Destruction.
Passionario
Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:52 am

Re: Hearthstone

Jabari wrote:Did you ever try fitting possibly the best card of the whole set in? Holy god that card is good. A 6-drop, it's an instant massive board presence and a single-card win condition.

But enough about Mysterious Challenger.
Jabari
Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Passionario wrote:
Jabari wrote:Did you ever try fitting possibly the best card of the whole set in? Holy god that card is good. A 6-drop, it's an instant massive board presence and a single-card win condition.

But enough about Mysterious Challenger.


:lol:

That's fair. :D
KysenMurrin
Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Trying to decide when to stop buying packs with gold. I took a look at my collection and I'm missing 2 Rares, 12 Epics, and 7 Legendaries from the new set. I still have 6500 unused dust. Think it's maybe still worth it until I get a few more of the epics.

Edit: Okay, I just wasted a load of time entering my collection into a spreadsheet, and it says I get most value out of TGT packs, but only slightly. The least valuable packs are GvG.
Jabari
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:Edit: Season rewards are out. For rank 4 I got a golden Mana Wyrm, Freezing Trap, and Elemental Destruction.


Not bad! Good commons and a maybe-good epic.

I just hit 10 is all, too much Heroes. :lol:

Got Dust(ed) Devil, Temple Enforcer (kinda cool, that's my 2nd gold of him), and Ball of Spiders. Golden Ball of Spiders is really neat, 3 Gold Webspinners into 3 Gold other beasts!

(Also, I didn't open any of those either. :) )
KysenMurrin
Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:17 am

Re: Hearthstone

It's probably a stupid idea, but I've been thinking about Aviana+Nozdormu. Give them little time to think about how to deal with multiple threats...

(Won't test this any time soon, as I'd have to craft both of those.)


Edit:
Wheeeeee.
I only just realised that all but one of my 12 win arena runs has been with Mage.
KysenMurrin
Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Wow, I also just had an 11/3 run as Paladin. I'm on a roll with arena right now, it seems like. 3 arenas, 7 wins, 12 wins, 11 wins.


Oh, and I also discovered Control Shaman. Not a lot of games played so far, but I'm 5/1. I'm not sure yet about the double lightning storm, double card draw, and double heal (though having two heals may have decided the face Hunter match I just won, letting me draw one when I needed it). I won't hear anything against Elemental Destruction - it's a great card in control. It's a Flamestrike you can cast then immediately drop other stuff on board.
KysenMurrin
Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:35 pm

Re: Hearthstone

God, I am awful at ranked the last few days. Every deck I try, I lose. Right now I'm on a 7 loss streak as Zoolock trying to do a 3 wins quest.
Worldie
Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Dragon priest being actually fun and somewhat relevant. But I hit rank 20 already so no need to play again until next month :P
KysenMurrin
Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:20 pm

Re: Hearthstone

I just played one game against a Paladin and got 39/40 minions killed for the quest.
Passionario
Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:05 am

Re: Hearthstone

Passionario wrote:
Jabari wrote:As far as Patron goes, did you see the Team League game where Trump lost from 50+ health and a completely clear board?

If a combo deck is allowed to draw all of its 30 cards without being forced to use its combo pieces as removal in process, than said combo deck will win the game. That's its whole point.

I've thought about it some more and then it hit me:

Remember the classic article "Who's the Beatdown?".

Against Patron, everyone has to be the beatdown. Trump tried to be control and that cost him the game.