Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hearthstone

KysenMurrin
Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:55 am

Re: Hearthstone

Passionario wrote:
Nooska wrote:^^

I feel obliged to get to rank 20 every season for the card back, and I do the single player stuff (though I'm still not done with Nefarian, again! - it feels like you need some specific cards or synergies to have a chance at that encounter the actual way, and a great deal of luck of the draw to do it the cheasy way (OTK'ing him at 30+1)

That's not the cheesy way. The cheesy way is to finish him off with Bane of Doom, which automatically skips the next phase. (Also works on heroic Majordomo).

How's that work? Phase 2 triggers when you drop his armor, not when you kill him.
Torquemada
Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:21 am

Re: Hearthstone

F
KysenMurrin wrote:
Passionario wrote:
Nooska wrote:^^

I feel obliged to get to rank 20 every season for the card back, and I do the single player stuff (though I'm still not done with Nefarian, again! - it feels like you need some specific cards or synergies to have a chance at that encounter the actual way, and a great deal of luck of the draw to do it the cheasy way (OTK'ing him at 30+1)

That's not the cheesy way. The cheesy way is to finish him off with Bane of Doom, which automatically skips the next phase. (Also works on heroic Majordomo).

How's that work? Phase 2 triggers when you drop his armor, not when you kill him.


You can skip phase 2 and 3 entirely provided you can OTK him. I ended up doing it as a Priest using a Deathlord with Divine Spirits, Inner Fire, PWS, etc. to buff the hell out of his heath, make his attack equal, then bursting him for over 30 in one round. You just have to make sure he doesn't survive the hit.
Skye1013
Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:32 am

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:
Passionario wrote:That's not the cheesy way. The cheesy way is to finish him off with Bane of Doom, which automatically skips the next phase. (Also works on heroic Majordomo).

How's that work? Phase 2 triggers when you drop his armor, not when you kill him.

If I had to guess... use it to finish off Onyxia? That or he meant the regular Majordomo fight vs heroic.
Passionario
Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:54 am

Re: Hearthstone

Skye1013 wrote:If I had to guess... use it to finish off Onyxia? That or he meant the regular Majordomo fight vs heroic.

Yes, if you finish off Onyxia with BoDoom, he doesn't get a phase 3.
Torquemada
Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Right, but if you hit him to 0 with the hit that drops his armor, you don't get a phase 2.
KysenMurrin
Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:08 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Yes, but everyone knows that and I was asking about the Bane of Doom thing mentioned.
Torquemada
Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:51 am

Re: Hearthstone

Touche.
Nooska
Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:32 am

Re: Hearthstone

Passionario wrote:
Nooska wrote:^^

I feel obliged to get to rank 20 every season for the card back, and I do the single player stuff (though I'm still not done with Nefarian, again! - it feels like you need some specific cards or synergies to have a chance at that encounter the actual way, and a great deal of luck of the draw to do it the cheasy way (OTK'ing him at 30+1)

That's not the cheesy way. The cheesy way is to finish him off with Bane of Doom, which automatically skips the next phase. (Also works on heroic Majordomo).

So BoD him while he has armor (going to 0) and he skips onyxia?
Ironshield
Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:58 am

Re: Hearthstone

Sounds like a bug to me, I wouldn't advise exploiting it. OTK from 30+1 seems ok though.
Torquemada
Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Hearthstone

Experiencing a bit of fun with this deck. Ideally I try to play it starting as Tempo Mage to folks burn my Flamewakers and Mana Wyrms, then I unload a Hobgoblin/Wisp/Ooze combo, adding in what else I can at turn 6+. When I've tried Eboladin most folks see it coming, and I'm enjoying the surprise factor of this deck.

Image
Nooska
Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 am

Re: Hearthstone

Ironshield wrote:Sounds like a bug to me, I wouldn't advise exploiting it. OTK from 30+1 seems ok though.

Doubt very much they would do anything about it, especially since it doesn't affect balance in any way.
Ironshield
Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:06 am

Re: Hearthstone

Nooska wrote:
Ironshield wrote:Sounds like a bug to me, I wouldn't advise exploiting it. OTK from 30+1 seems ok though.

Doubt very much they would do anything about it, especially since it doesn't affect balance in any way.

Oh yes, I agree, I'd be surprised if it did, after I posted that I thought about it, and I wouldn't worry about it much.

But it's still cheating isn't it. So for your own enjoyment, not the best way to win. Engineering a 31+ OTK hit though, is it's own challenge so that could be fun.
Worldie
Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:31 am

Re: Hearthstone

Tecnically the OTK would also be cheating so... :P
KysenMurrin
Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:30 am

Re: Hearthstone

The OTK's generally exploiting two different bugs: The phase skipping thing, and you give yourself enough time to pull off the combo by using the AI bug that stops them attacking when Kel'Thuzad is behind a taunt.
Kai
Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:37 am

Re: Hearthstone

had a funny arena game today. did some dmg early to my paladin opponent, then board was cleared and I dropped the 7/6 merc. he went questing adventurer, coin, 3/3 peacekeeper guy that puts my dude at 1/6. I couldn't cast anything next turn and his adventurer grew. then the merc died and I could cast some stuff, but he had double 2/2 give another guy divine shield for his questing adventurer and took all my stuff off the board.

then on his turn 9 he was on 17 life, I had just cast a 4/6 and a 3/4. he dropped stormwind champion, made a 1/1 and instead of eating up my board without much of a loss for him, he attacked me down to 2 life. me going into my 10th turn, him at 17 life and I had a power 4 and a power 3. while he had the stormwind champion, the 12/11 questing adventurer and some more guys.

pyroblast is a thing, kiddo. :)
Worldie
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:21 am

Re: Hearthstone

Losing due to excessive BM is quite common, you can see many examples of them in the epic series youtubers :P
KysenMurrin
Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Not BM - that's just a guy playing agressively because he saw future lethal. A mistake, because when you're ahead you play defensively, to minimise the risk of a comeback from your opponent. He would've been threatening lethal either way, I think.
KysenMurrin
Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Had one of my best arena decks ever, was on a great run at 6/0... then this happened. Then I went two more losses in a row to players who dropped huge taunts just as I was getting them near lethal.
Skye1013
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Re: Hearthstone

So... this week's Tavern Brawl is just about impossible to win as Ragnaros... to the extent one person I played against auto-conceded before I even had a chance to look at my cards...


Edit: Then of course... as soon as I say that I manage to win one.
KysenMurrin
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: Hearthstone

I don't think it's impossible, just a little harder than Nef. If Nef gets his best opening cards, you lose. Otherwise it's about outlasting until you get your real hero power.
KysenMurrin
Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:56 am

Re: Hearthstone

Had a little fun with this week's Brawl, playing zoo. Wanted to mess around with another fun deck, but turns out I don't have Mana Addicts in my collection. :(
Torquemada
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Hearthstone

I had a lot of fun with Eboladin.
Kai
Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Hearthstone

sorceress apprentice and flamewaker are breaking this banana business in half. :)

2 of: mana wyrm, mirror image, dragon egg, zombie chow, echoing ooze, haunted creeper, ironbeak owl, murloc tidehunter, nerubian egg, sorcerer's apprentice, flamewaker, imp master, mind control tech, questing adventuerer, violet teacher

cut one mind control tech or something else if you got antonidas. also don't just run your apprentices and flamewakers out there. you want to cast apprentice in the turn you unload your hand, either with flamewaker, questing adventurer, violet teacher or whatever, but don't let them just trade it off.
Jabari
Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:31 am

Re: Hearthstone

My Brawl deck that was doing well (sorry about the 1/2 and 1/2 goldens, forgot to switch those out before screenshotting):

Image

Looking at it now, I think it could be even better by changing Trogg->Teacher, and BGH->Equality. Maybe try to fit a Quartermaster in too, but don't know what to take out for that. May not need the silence at all with double-equality in there.

The one nice thing about this Brawl is that you can really rank up your hero XP - lots of destroyed minions and lots of spells cast :)
Passionario
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:06 am

Re: Hearthstone

I've seen many weird interactions in HS, but this one takes the cake.