Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hearthstone

Worldie
Mon May 04, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Hearthstone

the zap o matic is in general a very good 2 drop anyway, as if the enemy doesnt have a removal or a taunt for it it's 6 damage to the face (or more with totem/weapon), which is quite insane for a 2 drop :P
KysenMurrin
Mon May 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Did a bunch of arena today, and after thinking about how every pack I get is just dust, counted up how much I actually need from GvG. It's 16 cards total: 1 Rare, 11 Epics, 4 Legendaries. Arena packs are almost worthless.
Jabari
Tue May 05, 2015 9:32 am

Re: Hearthstone

Hmm, I might craft Alexstraza after all. This deck looks kinda fun (Control Warrior with Dragons):
http://embed.gyazo.com/65bcecaac351b676e27217f284b9a047.png

(I'd take out the WW for the 2nd Armorsmith. I actually don't like BGH much in CW - you already have 4 hard removal cards - that would be a Shredder for me. Maybe take out the Brawl for the 2nd Shredder too, but that leaves you a little weak to Patrons and Muster/QM *shrug*)

I still can get one more Legendary (or a bunch of epics) when I dust the Thermaplugg :lol:

Amusement: I opened my second golden Darkbomb. Also somehow have opened two golden Eviscerates along the way, too - fancy removal is fancy!
KysenMurrin
Tue May 05, 2015 9:41 am

Re: Hearthstone

I played against a Control Warrior who had two Big Game Hunters yesterday. Didn't expect that.
Skye1013
Fri May 08, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Hearthstone

Didn't realize the "seasons" were only a month long... got 8 free stars from my rank last month (and the cupcake card backs!)
Worldie
Fri May 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Hearthstone

I gave up to the dark side and fixed myself a Zoo deck. It's almost fun, but I feel very dirty playing it.
KysenMurrin
Fri May 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Playing mostly arena this week, but still getting in some games on the Shaman deck. Tried a change: Dropped Loatheb and a Belcher for 2nd Azure Drake and a Blackwing Corruptor. Only 4 dragons, but only one card that needs em, so...
KysenMurrin
Sat May 09, 2015 3:59 am

Re: Hearthstone

Paladin vs Paladin in arena, my opponent played a turn 4 Hungry Dragon, and it gave me a Dust Devil. I had Dark Iron Dwarf and Blessing of Might in my hand. That was a pretty short game.
Jabari
Mon May 11, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Hearthstone

Worldie wrote:I gave up to the dark side and fixed myself a Zoo deck. It's almost fun, but I feel very dirty playing it.


Don't feel dirty. :lol: Everyone should play zoo at least some, it's a good solid fast deck that still takes some skill (minion positioning, and when to switch from board control to beatdown mode).

The only deck I'd really feel "dirty" playing is Face Hunter - won't catch me dead playing that. :D

KysenMurrin wrote:Playing mostly arena this week, but still getting in some games on the Shaman deck. Tried a change: Dropped Loatheb and a Belcher for 2nd Azure Drake and a Blackwing Corruptor. Only 4 dragons, but only one card that needs em, so...


Ugh. Not happy with my Shaman deck at all right now. :( There's ... something wrong with it, but I'm not sure what right now. It just doesn't feel strong at all. Running Unbound and such, but no Defender of Argus and I'm completely missing those. Still experimenting, though.

Might make it more controlly and put the Dragon package in (Corruptors/Drakes/Nef/something).


On the other hand, the Dragon Warrior deck is GOOD. It's the list I posted earlier (in the pic, changing WW->2nd Armorsmith, BGH and Brawl -> Shredders). I had one game where I drew both Corruptors and no Dragons (and still should have won that game, except the game crashed on my Ipad and I timed out trying to reconnect with a very obvious lethal in hand), but other than that it turns out that putting Fire Elementals into a control warrior deck is pretty strong.

Nef is really pretty nice - I've cast it 3 times over 7 games (going 5-2, shoulda been 6-1 as above), got Fireball/Frost Nova, Frostbolt/Arcane Explosion, and double Snake Trap (lol) - the Arcane Explosion actually single-handedly sealed a game (cleared a board with that + the Execute it enabled).

Great choice to craft Alex, BTW - thx for the suggestion guys. :) Opened up a Golden Junkbot, so I'm just about back up to 3200 dust again. :lol:
Worldie
Mon May 11, 2015 9:07 am

Re: Hearthstone

Jabari wrote:The only deck I'd really feel "dirty" playing is Face Hunter - won't catch me dead playing that. :D

I do occasionally play it, it's quite boring. You either win in 4-5 turns because the opponent didnt get a lucky hand, or get overrun very hard in midgame.
Passionario
Thu May 21, 2015 7:30 am

Re: Hearthstone

Hello, friends. Look at your hero, now back to me, now back at your hero, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he grabbed tempo from turn 1 and never let go, he could be me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a board full of Mana Wyrms, Apprentices and Flamewakers that are eating your hero alive. What’s in my hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a bunch of discounted spells and Unstable Portalled game winning bombs that you hate. Look again, the discounted spells are now fireballs that Antonidas is chaincasting at your face. Anything is possible when your hero smells like a tempo mage and is not dead by turn 6. I’m on a winstreak.
KysenMurrin
Fri May 22, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Hearthstone

Having fun with a fairly fast Shaman deck.

Image

It's not all that refined - there's something about it that doesn't quite seem right to me when I look at the list - but it's winning me games (75% win rate so far, but only 20 games played). I just put in a lot of cheap sticky minions for Bloodlust, plus some cards that synergise with that strategy, and it kinda works. Biggest weakness is large minions - no Hexes. Can also sometimes lose the board to AoE and not get it back.

Bloodlust does a lot of damage even with only 3 minions.
Worldie
Fri May 22, 2015 11:07 am

Re: Hearthstone

Hello friends, look at me, I'm a priest, I thoughtsteal your Thaurissan... and then i resurrect it instead of other 4 minions after you remove it.

Sometimes I really get frustrated of how much RNG can just gift/fuck up a game with no skill involved.
KysenMurrin
Fri May 22, 2015 11:21 am

Re: Hearthstone

RNG can suck sometimes. I lost a game a little while ago because a Knife Juggler sent 5 out of 6 knives into my opponent's face.
KysenMurrin
Sun May 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Me on Mage vs opponent Warrior.

Turn 1 M - Nothing
Turn 1 W - Nothing
Turn 2 M - Mad Scientist
Turn 2 W - Battle Rage
...
"That was an error."
"I CHOOSE DEATH!"
Shamora
Wed May 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Been a while, but just went 12-1 in Arena with this deck
Passionario
Thu May 28, 2015 2:40 am

Re: Hearthstone

And we all die, die, die tonight
Sanctified with dynamite
Die, die, dynamite
Halleluja!


Image
Image
Jabari
Fri May 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Ok, that's hilarious Passionario.

KysenMurrin wrote:Me on Mage vs opponent Warrior.

Turn 1 M - Nothing
Turn 1 W - Nothing
Turn 2 M - Mad Scientist
Turn 2 W - Battle Rage
...
"That was an error."
"I CHOOSE DEATH!"


Haha. I had a fun Priest arena game last night (haven't done arena in a while, a little tired of constructed ATM though) - Priest vs Priest.

Me T1: Infiltrator
Him T1: Cleric
Me T2: Amani Berserker
Him T2: Dire Wolf alpha, hits my berserker.
Me T3: Velen's Chosen on Berserker (7/5), trade Infiltrator for DWA, Kill Cleric.
Him T3: <thinks>, heals my Berserker, still enraged, concedes. :lol:
KysenMurrin
Sat May 30, 2015 2:36 am

Re: Hearthstone

Had a 10 win streak this morning, putting me back up to rank 3 after an awful string of losses this past Wednesday. Still mostly playing Mage, this is the deck - a lot like Tempo Mage but with the dragon package at the top:

Image

It loses badly to Face Hunter, and Warlock is mostly a crapshoot (some good wins against zoo today, though). Also haven't won against Shaman, but you almost never see Shaman. On the other hand, it has a very good matchup with all the other classes, particularly Patron Warrior.

I started out with Sylvanas, but dropped her for the Zombie Chow because I wasn't getting much out of her. It's the complete lack of taunt and poor turn 3 that loses to fast decks.
KysenMurrin
Sun May 31, 2015 3:02 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Does the game usually freeze mid-game at the moment of the season rollover then refuse to let you get back in afterward?
Ironshield
Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:05 am

Re: Hearthstone

I know this will probably seem pathetic to the regular legend climbers in here, but I'm feeling pretty stoked about my rank 6 finish for the May season :) Especially since I spent most of the month grinding gold for my Blackrock wings (still one to go). Loving playing my "Everyone, Get In Here!" warrior and even had a bit of fun with my cobbled together midrange and facetard hunter decks.
KysenMurrin
Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:09 am

Re: Hearthstone

Do we have legend climbers here? I've only made it once. I ended at rank 4 this time.
Ironshield
Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:20 am

Re: Hearthstone

I have just realised that you can complete quest objectives in casual play /facepalm!

Didn't need to be risking my rank on playing my Randuin deck all this time, D'oh!
Passionario
Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:54 am

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:Do we have legend climbers here? I've only made it once. I ended at rank 4 this time.

My best lifetime result was rank 2 and I haven't tried pushing beyond R5 ever since. I am too easily tilted to handle the required grind. :(