So my friend asked me to wrap my head around a challenge. He's wanting to get a gaming desktop with his tax return, and gave me $800 budget to work with. I managed to bring it in at $777.93 +S&H (minus an unspecified "discount" that'll be applied at checkout if he orders before the 19th), but I think I'm missing something here. He needs the entire tower and guts, since he's upgrading from an old laptop that's on its last leg. Here's the parts list:
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811147153
Power Supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817371074
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813128715
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819116991
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820145345
Graphics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814202112
HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822148321
I'm not worried about the OS or optical drive since I've got a blu-ray drive I can hand him down, and I can install Windows off my install disks for him.
Thoughts?
Fivelives
Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:35 am
