Skip to content
Maintankadin

Need opinions on getting a new computer

Melias
Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:57 pm

Need opinions on getting a new computer

I desperately need a new computer for gaming and have around $1000 to spend. I mainly play WoW with some other games thrown in but obviously want a system that can hopefully run games better than what I have now(usually around 15-20 fps on most games). I honestly don't have a lot of knowledge about computer components and have never built one myself, so I was looking at the pre-builts on Newegg. I am hoping someone could give me their opinions on the computer below and tell me if it's a good system and worth the money. I appreciate any help I can get as I feel like a monkey doing a calculus problem looking at all these systems. Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883227504
fuzzygeek
Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Re: Need opinions on getting a new computer

That machine is more than enough to run WoW. If you're comfortable building your own system you can put something together that's a couple hundred cheaper, but if it's worth some extra scratch to spare yourself the headache then this is a decent way to go.
Melias
Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:07 pm

Re: Need opinions on getting a new computer

yeah I'm not all that comfortable trying to build anything myself. I'm hoping to get into DayZ also with some friends soon so hopefully it will be ok with that also.