Hi,
I'm considering upgrading my video card, and thinking about the Sapphire HD7770 1GB, which is available for 99 euros.
My computer is a little behind, but I'm not really playing any other high end games, and I can still play WoW quite well on it, so I'm not going to invest money into a new computer at this time. Outside of 25 man raiding, the computer handles everything well. During 25 man raiding, I usually disable some addons and put some settings to low, and achieve about 15-20 FPS that way.
My question is, will I see some improvements by replacing my 2 HD4850s in Crossfire with a single HD7770, or is the rest of my system holding me back too much, and will the upgrade be close to worthless?
________________________________________
Computer
Model : OEM System Product Name
Chassis : Desktop
Mainboard : ASUS P5Q-PRO
BIOS : AMI (OEM) 2102 02/23/2009
Total Memory : 8GB DIMM DDR2
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4C 2.33GHz, 2x 2MB L2)
Socket/Slot : FC LGA (Socket T)
Memory Controller : ASUS P45/P43/G45/G43 DRAM Controller 4x 333MHz (1.33GHz), 2x 4GB DIMM DDR2 666MHz 128-bit
Memory Module : 4x Corsair VS2GB667D2 2GB DIMM DDR2 PC2-5300U DDR2-666 (5-5-5-15 3-18-5-3)
Monitor/Panel : LG W2452 (1920x1200, 30.6")
Video Adapter : 2x ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (10CU 800SP SM4.1 625MHz, 2GB DDR3 2GHz 256-bit, PCIe 2.00 x16)
Storage Devices
Samsung SSD 840 Series (120GB, SATA600, SSD) : 112GB (C:)
WDC WD6400AAKS-65A7B0 (640.1GB, SATA300, 3.5", 7200rpm, 16MB Cache) : 596GB (D:)
WDC WD6400AAKS-65A7B0 (640.1GB, SATA300, 3.5", 7200rpm, 16MB Cache) : 596GB (E:)
ASUS DVD-E818A3T (SATA150, DVD+-R, CD-R, 198kB Cache) : N/A (F:)
Peripherals
LPC Hub Controller 1 : ASUS LPC Interface Controller
LPC Legacy Controller 1 : T0 A5-13
Audio Device : ASUS HD Audio Controller
Audio Device : PC Partner Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E Dual Slot Fansink
Disk Controller : ASUS 6 port SATA AHCI Controller
Disk Controller : ASUS 6121 SATA2 Controller
FireWire/1394 Controller 1 : ASUS IEEE 1394a Firewire Controller
SMBus/i2c Controller 1 : Intel ICH SMBus
Network Adapter : Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller(NDIS6.20) (Ethernet, 100Mbps)
Operating System
Windows System : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.01.7601 (Service Pack 1)
Platform Compliance : x64
Windows Experience Index : 7.1
Thels
Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:45 am
