Skip to content
Maintankadin

Streaming issues

Worldie
Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:42 am

Streaming issues

Uhm I'm not totally sure of where to put this topic honestly, I put it here for now, might eventually move it.

Anyway, I've been trying to stream my gameplay, sometimes in order to let people out of the raid see the progress and get familiar with tactics, sometimes to have friends watch me play wow/sc2.

I've tried Adobe Media Encoder, but I couldn't really get it to work properly as the stream was horrible quality and often freezing.

I've been pointed to this software called Open Broadcaster Software, which I found very user friendly. I've been playing with the settings, I managed to obtain various ranges of quality, but however I keep getting very annoying freezes every 20 or so seconds.

Anyone more competent than me in streaming can help me figuring out how to eliminate the freezes? I've tried setting all the options to bare minimums, greatly compromising the stream quality, but still it keeps freezing randomly.
gibborim
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 am

Re: Streaming issues

What kind of freeze? Like, frozen for 2-4 sec, or just a bad frame jag?

I assume you have a computer setup that you reasonable believe should be able to handle this.

Windowed or not? (including fullscreen windowed)

Windows or iOS?

v-sync or not?
Worldie
Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:55 am

Re: Streaming issues

windows, i play full screen windowed. Not sure about v-syng

For Freeze i mean it's quite clean, then it freezes for 1-3 seconds, then again goes well for 15-20 more seconds, and repeats.
gibborim
Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Streaming issues

Try combinations of v-sync and full-screen non-windowed.

Is the freeze only in the stream? Or is it WoW too?

Do you have independent observers telling you your stream is freezing?
Worldie
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: Streaming issues

Only in the stream , wow runs at 100+ FPS without any issue.

External viewers also experience the same things.

I suspect it's just my net not handling it...
gibborim
Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Re: Streaming issues

Yea, it seems like some people just have arbitrarily unsolvable routing problems on twitch.