Skip to content
Maintankadin

SSD troubles.

Arkesh
Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:54 pm

SSD troubles.

So I came home from work tonight to find a nice BSOD waiting for me. Not thinking much of it I rebooted only for it to stick on the "Windows Starting" screen. I couldn't get it to boot off the windows installation disk either until I completely disconnected the SSD.

Currently I've installed windows onto an old HDD, I was hoping I could try to format the SSD from here, but it won't even boot from this hard drive with the SSD connected. I'm thinking it's probably had it but if anyone has some suggestions to offer, I'd love them.

The SSD is still under warranty so I can try and get a replacement was just looking for some second opinions. Thanks for reading.
Fetzie
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Re: SSD troubles.

Is the SSD in front of the HDD in the boot order?