So I was going to wait to get Skyrim until after getting a new computer, but it looks like that will be a while now and all my friends were talking about how awesome it is last night during D&D.
I looked at the system reqs and I believe all I need is a new graphics card, and maybe a power supply to support it.
I have:
2x Intel Pentium 4
4GB RAM
a PCI-e x16 port (NOT PCI-e 2.0)
305W power supply
NVIDIA GeForce 7300le graphics card
I need:
Dual Core 2.0GHz (min), Quad Core Intel (recommended)
4GB RAM (recommended)
Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM (min), DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (recommended)
I have been looking at these cards:
Page1 | Page2
My questions are:
1. would any of these cards run Skyrim decently, and if so which one would be best?
2. would I need to also get a new power supply? (The card I have says it needs 350W minimum, but my 305W supply has had no problems with it, and the ones I have looked at mostly say 300W minimum.)
isiz
Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:00 pm
