Hrobertgar wrote:I have brought a laptop while traveling and staying in hotels and its variable, but rough usually on raiding.
If you are raiding at a time when lots of people are returning to the hotel and surfing, like 6p-9p local time, then you are liable to have a latency on the order of 1.2k - 3k which will cause a dc everytime you enter combat. Even doing AH, this level of latency can be frustrating.
If you are raiding at other times, you can often get latency clsoer to 300ms which is potentially playable for non-progression content, or possibly acceptable if you are a more casual guild. When I first started playing wow my latency was around 330ms so it is playable, but nowadays when I get this type of latency I find it borderline unbearable.
While our guild isn't raiding Firelands (yet) I have a base latency of 300ms, so it's definitely doable (I don't even really notice it anymore.) 1.2k was about the minimum I'd get while I was deployed (too high for raiding, but I was able to run heroics without too much trouble, even tanking occasionally on my DK when we had a fail tank drop group.) That might be a little more difficult if you're healing, though dps shouldn't suffer too much (go into the options and set your latency bar thing to max {400ms I think} and it should help.)