Skip to content
Maintankadin

Home/World latency and adjusting for it with Haste

Fetzie
Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:43 am

Home/World latency and adjusting for it with Haste

In Wrath it was fairly simple - look at the number with ms behind it and adjust accordingly. Now we have "Home" and "World" latencies, which of the two should I look at when fine-tuning my DPS rotations? What is the actual difference? From what I understand the "Home" latency is basically for the chat and the "World" latency is for the character movement and action performance. Is this the case, and should I even worry about it with my average latency hardly ever above 11 ms?
Pizbit
Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Re: Home/World latency and adjusting for it with Haste

Pyrea wrote:In Wrath it was fairly simple - look at the number with ms behind it and adjust accordingly. Now we have "Home" and "World" latencies, which of the two should I look at when fine-tuning my DPS rotations? What is the actual difference? From what I understand the "Home" latency is basically for the chat and the "World" latency is for the character movement and action performance. Is this the case, and should I even worry about it with my average latency hardly ever above 11 ms?



11ms? Is this post a joke? You latency is nowhere near even close to be an noticeable let alone an issue.
Fetzie
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Home/World latency and adjusting for it with Haste

When I did this in wrath I had a 200-350 ms latency.

let me reformulate my question to make it a bit clearer. Which latency is the one to look at with respect to haste adjustments?
Jeremoot
Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 am

Re: Home/World latency and adjusting for it with Haste

If you have under 100ms latency, you don't need to worry about it. World latency affects combat.