DaMouse404 wrote:Ok dok, just got article out, those were the basic bits, apart from that it was pretty much standard other bits. Interestingly you spend like £100+ on Windows so if you're on extreme budget you can run WoW on Linux?
I've never tried it personally, but WoW can be run in OpenGL mode I believe, and I think between that and WINE to cover any loose ends it works fine. I'm pretty sure blizzard used to have a native linux client but dropped support for it soon after vanilla launched. Ventrilo has a linux client so you wouldn't be without vent, and addons are OS agnostic. It'll just take more time and effort to get it up and running.
If you can wait a few months, you can get an AMD Llano based APU (their name for the CPU with integrated GPU) that supposedly runs wow at 1024x768 on moderate settings at 100 fps. You can read the
Anandtech article here. This will completely cut out the cost of having to buy a video card. I think these new processors with the GPU integrated into them are going to make cheap low budget video cards obsolete.