Previously I have tried to use an HDMI cable from my graphics card to either my 32" monitor or my 60" Sony TV. Each time, I have noticed that the screen on either is projected to be bigger than the actual screen. I have previously resolved this by cutting down the resolution to less than the TV native resolution and adjusting the game settings to similar. But it is always clunky and I abandon it. For the 32" monitor its normal resolution is 1366x768 (The Sony is 1080i as an older model but sitting ~5' away isn't the same). The NVIDIA control panel acknowledges this, but I can only properly frame the desktop if I cut it down to like 1260x720 or something. How can I get it to properly frame the desktop using an HDMI cable. Note, both my laptop and desktop have this problem, but my desktop also has a VGA out, which does not cause this issue. My laptop is newer and has a better card, and I would like to use it on a larger monitor if I could resolve this issue, but it only has an HDMI out.
Now with the 4.1 Graphics changes I am interested in doing this again. I now have a Dell XPS15 laptop with an i5-560 w/420M graphics card and 8GB-1333 RAM, so I think I don't think graphics throughput should be an issue, but I still suffer from this HDMI resolution issue.
If it matters, the desktop (3 yrs old) has some kind of Turion dual core, 8GB-800 RAM and a 2650-XT graphics card.
Can anyone offer any help on this issue?
Hrobertgar
Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 am
