So I need to upgrade my PC. No doubt about it, but I can't really afford to do it all at once, thankfully my PSU and GPU are both still serviceable for a little while longer, so I can focus on the main issue. My archaic Core2Duo @ 1.86GHz. Basically it makes me want to slit my wrists with the horror of it, and while I'm sure I could overclock it a bit, I doubt it's worth the trouble. Anyway, I was looking around and I stumbled across this deal and was wondering if it was an alright buy?
Intel i5 760 + ASRock P55 Extreme4 + 4GB XMS3 DDR3 1600 > $535
From what I've heard, the 760 overclocks quite nicely, which I'd probably end up doing when I buy a decent cooling system (read: water, because where I live is dumb). I have no experience with ASRock though, all my mobo's have been FOXCONN or Gigabyte in the past. Also, this is AU$, and it wouldn't surprise me if people think it's obscenely expensive because Australia's pretty dumb like that.
Levantine
Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 am
