Skip to content
Maintankadin

Reporting Posts

Fridmarr
Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:44 am

Reporting Posts

I realize that with the significant changes that our class and the game as a whole is receiving there are bound to be lots of spirited discussions about the merits of these changes. This site is here to facilitate these discussions while also educating folks on World of Warcraft and specifically, Paladin tanking mechanics.

That said, please do not attempt to use the moderators to help you fight your arguments by reporting posts that you disagree with. The moderators are not fact checkers, so if someone posts that Divine Shield has a 15 minute cooldown, please don't report the post for spreading misinformation. Instead, make a post in the thread correcting the error. If the content is more subjective, then you are going to have explain your position with data and/or logic, but reporting a post because something in it is incorrect is not appropriate. In fact, posts with incorrect information are often among the best opportunities to educate the community.

Understand that is a generally mature audience website and that the debates will, at times, get pretty spirited. As long as posts are not personal attacks and stick to the content of the debate, they should not be reported because you disagree them. You should only be reporting posts that break the Code of Conduct or posts that are basically spam/advertisements.

Thank You
Fridmarr
Thels
Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Reporting Posts

Fridmarr wrote:I realize that with the significant changes that our class and the game as a whole is receiving there are bound to be lots of spirited discussions about the merits of these changes. This site is here to facilitate these discussions while also educating folks on World of Warcraft and specifically, Paladin tanking mechanics.

That said, please do not attempt to use the moderators to help you fight your arguments by reporting posts that you disagree with. The moderators are not fact checkers, so if someone posts that Divine Shield has a 15 minute cooldown, please don't report the post for spreading misinformation. Instead, make a post in the thread correcting the error. If the content is more subjective, then you are going to have explain your position with data and/or logic, but reporting a post because something in it is incorrect is not appropriate. In fact, posts with incorrect information are often among the best opportunities to educate the community.

Understand that is a generally mature audience website and that the debates will, at times, get pretty spirited. As long as posts are not personal attacks and stick to the content of the debate, they should not be reported because you disagree them. You should only be reporting posts that break the Code of Conduct or posts that are basically spam/advertisements.

Thank You
Fridmarr


Wait, what?

Can I somehow see the action from my side that caused this report? If you say I made an error somewhere, then I trust your word on that, but I can't for the life of me remember where or what I did.

Nonetheless, my apologies for having caused a problem.

Sincerely, Thels/Zoe.
Invisusira
Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Reporting Posts

reported
Fridmarr
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Re: Reporting Posts

Thels wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:I realize that with the significant changes that our class and the game as a whole is receiving there are bound to be lots of spirited discussions about the merits of these changes. This site is here to facilitate these discussions while also educating folks on World of Warcraft and specifically, Paladin tanking mechanics.

That said, please do not attempt to use the moderators to help you fight your arguments by reporting posts that you disagree with. The moderators are not fact checkers, so if someone posts that Divine Shield has a 15 minute cooldown, please don't report the post for spreading misinformation. Instead, make a post in the thread correcting the error. If the content is more subjective, then you are going to have explain your position with data and/or logic, but reporting a post because something in it is incorrect is not appropriate. In fact, posts with incorrect information are often among the best opportunities to educate the community.

Understand that is a generally mature audience website and that the debates will, at times, get pretty spirited. As long as posts are not personal attacks and stick to the content of the debate, they should not be reported because you disagree them. You should only be reporting posts that break the Code of Conduct or posts that are basically spam/advertisements.

Thank You
Fridmarr


Wait, what?

Can I somehow see the action from my side that caused this report? If you say I made an error somewhere, then I trust your word on that, but I can't for the life of me remember where or what I did.

Nonetheless, my apologies for having caused a problem.

Sincerely, Thels/Zoe.

I'm pretty sure when I made this announcement, 4 months ago, no one person was responsible. I'm guessing that you misread this in some way.
Thels
Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:42 am

Re: Reporting Posts

Ack, lol.

My mistake. I saw this blinking up when I opened my User Control Panel, and thought it was one of those PM/Warning things, and thus directed at me specifically, wondering if I had by accident reported someone.

Sorry, I'm just totally NOT used to this forum's layout. Apologies for bumping this thread. :(
lythac
Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:50 am

Re: Reporting Posts

Global announcements are one step up from stickies on not getting read.

The Global announcements Aergis and Thalia often make on t-shirts have way less views than other posts. And the people who read/post in them often get there from the "view new post" tab. So those who don't use that to read the forums often miss them.
Worldie
Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Reporting Posts

Damn this is too fucking funny to delete it.