Skip to content
Maintankadin

Confused on Uncrushable and Uncrittable...

Acanthia
Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:35 am

Confused on Uncrushable and Uncrittable...

I have read the sticky about how to become uncrushable and uncrittable, but I'm still a little confused. I'm still new to the whole Prot Pally thing, and amd trying to learn the ropes. I don't see how someone can get above 102%.

Maybe I misunderstood something...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
QuantumDelta
Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:39 am
Why are you having trouble getting that high?
Armoury link might be a good start, or checking through the guides - 102.4% is the uncrush req and 490 on your char sheet defence is the uncrit req.
_________________
QuantumDelta
Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:47 am
79.61
Be what he's at at the moment.
He has a lot of spell damage/healing/DPS gear on instead of actual tanking gear, admittedly, itemisation has gotten easier to come by but you do need actual tanking pieces.

When I first started gearing to raid I had virtually no (121 -> continuum blade) spell damage at all and did absolutely fine.
He should concern himself with his mitigation and avoidance, and his HP at the moment.

there's a lot of documentation about and the badge gear is another easy place to look stuff up for easy upgrades, but he could easily bump his gear a lot already, with craftables and quest rewards, even blue loot.
_________________
moduspwnens
Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:50 am
I logged out in my Garr soloing set.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Modus

I believe I'm 0.77% avoidance/block above uncrushable unbuffed.

5% Base Miss + 8.4% (Number you get when hovering over Defense on Character Sheet) = 13.6% Miss
26.39% Dodge (From Character Sheet)
19.67% Parry (From Character Sheet)
43.71% Block (From Character Sheet)

= 103.37%
- 102.4%
--------------
0.77% above uncrushable.

Of course, this is mostly a gimmick set. Most Prot Paladins will be adding in 30% Block from Holy Shield, as well as 5.3% Block from Libram of Repentance. Another solution is to download Tankadin. It's a mod developed by one of our forum-goers that has a little window showing these stats more clearly.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
QuantumDelta
Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:04 am
The second post should've made it obvious that this is a guild member (officer or leader, raid leader or so) taking on the responsibility of guiding their guilds protadin Razz

They weren't doubting our avoidance passive or otherwise but trying to gain clarification of what was up with their tankadin who does seem to be a bit on the scatterbrained side looking at his gear.
With the gear choices he's made (gems and enchants asside) it's really no surprise he's no where near crush immunity.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:35 am
don't forget to add holy shield to the uncrush calculation
it's
Miss% from defense
Parry%
Dodge%
Block%
5% from base miss that all mobs have(this number is not visible anywhere, it's result of tests made everyfriggiingwhere)
30% from holy shield
another 5% if the paladin uses Libram of Repentance.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Spectrum
Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 am
Getting uncrittable is pretty trivial at 70 just due to the defense on so many pieces.

Getting uncrushable is a bit harder. Look at the posts above for what to add up, and don't forget that most tankadins only have about 67.4% avoidance + block because they get 35% from Holy Shield + Libram. The Libram is only 15 badges, and should probably be picked up ASAP by any serious tankadin.
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

"The skill-gear curve is steep for small values of skill."

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
sapientialb
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:07 am
So I'm going to practice a little thread necromancy here because I just had something stuck in my head and it keep whirling around and around.

The theory of the attack table is that 102.4 everything is pushed off the table besides Miss/Dodge/Parry/Block.

So why do we actually need a full 490 defense if we can reach 102.4 Avoidance without it since it appears that something still can't crit us?

Does the crit drop back into the table at a lower level that isn't pushed off? or is it along the lines of the player side where you don't technically have to hit to crit?
_________________


"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
Levantine
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:24 am
Basically any healer worth his salt is going to laugh you out of the raid if you aren't uncrittable.
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
sapientialb
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:42 am
Ugh! I've been reading these boards for a long time and have always followed the Gospel truth of 490 or above, I just had a nagging thought about it that's all.


Thanks for filling in the "Why" for me, tho the random replies were Offical Forms sounding Sad
_________________


"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes