Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blessing of Sanc

Ethos
Wed May 28, 2008 6:33 pm

Blessing of Sanc

When better geared, and stacking SBV is this worth it? was it ever worth it?

I mainly use it when im in oldschool instances ( Zg, MC, AQ) but i really cant notice the difference for when i have this on , and kings.

Does it stack with sbv?
_________________
Moses
Wed May 28, 2008 10:30 pm
I think it has it applications. Pretty much any time that are getting hit by a LOT of mobs at once it is your friend. It also generates threat which is nice.

Most the time kings is my choice, although if I ever go to a non heroic to help someone out I'll go BoSanc since I usually pull about 4 packs at once.

*edit- been a while since I checked this (I'm sure it's in a sticky somewhere) but if I recall BoSanc reduces the damage by 80 (max rank) before armor/block is taken into account, somewhat reducing it's efficiency. After BoSanc Armor should reduce damage and whatever the result of that is can be reduced further by a block (therefore SBV). Like I said I might be wrong.
_________________
Ethos
Thu May 29, 2008 4:20 am
thankyou both, exactly what i was looking for.
_________________
Elza
Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:37 pm
I also find use for it when I'm raiding and we have 3 or 4 pallies
Lookit
Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:55 am
I use it for the threat more than for survivability. I typically always prefer Kings and (usually) Wisdom before it though, so since I mostly do 5 and 10-man content (and therefore only have access to 1 or 2 blessings) it's pretty rare that I have it.
_________________
Ulushnar
Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:56 am
I'll usually shove it on me when I'm doing salvation since I'll have other pallies in the raid taking care of wisdom, kings and light.

In 10-mans I still use it since it's a threat boost.
_________________
School ain't shit, I read it in a book.

Spectrum
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:09 am
It doesn't scale, so it's still quite good in normal 5-mans, but loses value as the size of the hits go up. It's a lot like Block Value in that respect. So, if BV is still useful to you, BoSanc probably is.

Basically I use it whenever Effective Health is not an issue for the additional threat and mitigation. I use Kings when I really need EH/Avoidance.
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
Worldie
Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:09 pm
To be even more honest, BV does scale with armor value, the more armor you got, the more effective BV is.
_________________

Spectrum
Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:29 am
Oh, you're both correct.

I guess what I meant to say is that it doesn't scales negatively with the size of the hits you're taking. In 5 mans when a mob hits for 800 it will prevent 10% of the damage pre-blocking. Against a boss that hits for 8000 it will only prevent 1% of the damage pre-blocking.

So yeah, it scales negatively with the strength of the mobs and with your gear.
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
majorwoo
Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:42 am
wow, awesome. I've been doing a lot of BoSanc/BoK experimenting and SoV/SoR and this was a huge help.
_________________

Retsah
Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:07 pm
Wait. Am I reading this right (Relative n00b here)? BoK should be used over BoS in Raids if you can only have one?
_________________