Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pre-Kara gear and other issues.

Klimpen
Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Pre-Kara gear and other issues.

Armory: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Korgath&n=Klimpen

I'm currently gearing myself up for Kara, and as you can see, I'm nearly finished. I'm aiming towards the Mech Chest, Arc Ring and Heroic Libram atm, but am unsure of where to go for some decent boots. I've spotted some nice ones off the last boss' of Heroic Shattered/Arc. Would my gear be currently be good enough to tank those? Or should I wait on the Ring/Chest/Libram before going after them? Or is there something totally different that I should have my hand at getting?

Out of Instances, I'm working towards Tankatronic Goggles and have 2 Nether Vortexes waiting on me getting 1.5k gold for the SSC Crafted tanking belt (<3 contacts in <Death and Taxes>). Would those two close the gap enough for substandard boots until I get some dropping in Kara? It's prolly gonna take me ~2weeks to farm my Engineering and 1.5k gold, and by then my GM wants to have me tanking Kara, as he's having a tank rotation. (2 Pally MT's, Druid OT as far as I'm aware).

Once I've got my drops I'm going to crunch some numbers for Re-Enchanting/Re-Socketing so I'm uncrush.

My GM is also talking of doing some MC to give the Pally MT's (Aeneas and I) TF's for the damage reduction. I'm slightly unsure if it'd be an upgrade over the loss of +damage (and threat gen). Any input here would be appreciated. My GM is open minded, and since we have a DPS Warrior in the guild atm (who'll be using Imp TC and other damage reduction abilities), he can't see a reason why Warriors>Pallies for tanking, apart from the extra 1.5k base health (This is prolly the major pet-hate for me as a tankadin).

I've put a lot of work into getting to where I am atm, and help with the last 5% would be greatly appreciated.

Klimpen
Paksennarion
Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:42 pm
Really the easiest to get would be Flesh Beast's Metal Greaves, as long as you haven't done the Mana Tombs quest. If you have, then there's really not a whole lot in the way of tank boots out there.
_________________
Klimpen
Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:19 am
I'd be using Flesh Beast's Metal Greaves, if I hadn't [mistakenly] vendor'd them a long while back (GM's refuse to return them ;-; ).

The best bet atm seems to be Eaglecrest Warboots off the last boss in Heroic BF. Seeing as I need to get the Tanking Libram anyway, it seems the easiest/least time consuming.

I tanked ~half the instance before the group fell apart due to peeps being sleepy without any trouble. Mobs hit for ~2-3k which was fairly pathetic imo.

Edit: Apparently I fail at linkages