Skip to content
Maintankadin

Best way to Pull???

Alel
Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:57 am

Best way to Pull???

I know i've seen posts on shield pulls, but i have had problems with rogues getting mad about me breaking saps and really making a big deal about it. even after explaing to the group what happens when i use the shield. everyone else seems to like the shield pulls because of the upfront aggro load. so how else can we pull and still get a decent start on bringing all the mobs to us???
_________________
Xanatos
Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:59 am
I'm still a firm advocate of AS pulling despite the sap. It's all a matter of choosing the right mob to sap. But if you really can't AS pull then...

1) Have a mage sheep pull and taunt them off the mage while laying down a consecration (stand next to the mage when he pulls so they still run into your consecration if RD screws up).

2) Hunter Misdirect pull then AS/JoR when the group is away from any potential adds / CC'd mobs.

3) On mainly demon/UD pulls (like the satyrs in Bot), while the AS pull is also very workable, I like having someone else pull them so I can get off a holy wrath undisturbed which makes them stick to me like glue. The best thing is that it doesn't affect the lone blood elf mob if he pulls and needs to be sheeped. Some timing required so make sure the puller can take a few hits if you miss a mob.

4) The good ol'fashioned body pull +JoR
_________________
Candiru
Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:45 am
I find you can avoid breaking sap on most 3 or pull mob pulls. 2 mob pulls you have no hope of stopping sap, but you shouldn't need to sap with that few mobs.

Rogues do get very whiny when you don't ask them to sap though, I always mark with an X for sap, and tell them to sap X. When I don't mark and X on a 2 mob pull it means I don't want a sap, but they don't seem to understand this.

Kick the rogue and get a druid, much better as you can DI them and they can res you, as well as do some spot healing / innervate the healer / offtank if needed.
Jaydin
Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:06 am
also u can body pull (or mana tap pull ^_^) the unsapped mob(s) and hurl the shield at'em as theyre coming to ya...the elimination of the min distance = good
_________________
Sayka
Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:01 pm
If possible I don't even take a rogue with me in a Dungeon. They are imo the worst class to take along.
Sap is anyway not that good - sucks if it breaks early or while you're still busy fighting other mobs. The mob that was sapped usually then attacks the healer - if u're not prepared as a tank. And in heroics the healer is dead after 2 hits...
_________________
Paksennarion
Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:37 pm
Druids I can understand, only because it's so rare they get to root due to game mechanics that they really really want to get some mileage out of it when they can.
_________________
Paksennarion
Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:35 pm
Well, yes. But there's a world of difference between a spell that can work only in some locations, and is a rooting DoT, and a spell that can cause, for example, your Moroes fight to reset at 21% because the mob under the effect ran out of the room. Or worse, ran into a mob of trash you weren't ready for.

To be honest, I've never actually been in a group with a druid who insisted on it - or a rogue who insisted on sap, for that matter - but they all tend to point out that "Hey, we're outdoors, don't forget I can root".
_________________
Bobness
Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:08 pm
It all depends really....

If i'm in a group with a rogue & Mage.

Rogue Saps Mage Sheep pulls & I pull from the Mage With AS when the mobs get close.

If it's just a Rogue Sap I get a Caster to wand pull & AS as above.


Either way I tend to ask for no CC on less than 3 mobs..

Once they see me hold aggro comfortably they are normally OK with this process.
Jaydin
Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:56 am
mah drood loved to root...
_________________
Sultan
Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:41 pm
Pulling options for a BElf Paladin:

A.Shield (General All-Purpose)
Exorcism (great in Moroe's against those 2 that hit like a Semi)
Mana Tap (great for Mana Tombs)
Face (Shattered Halls, single pulls)
_________________
Sultan (Blood Elf Paladin)
Silver Hand