Skip to content
Maintankadin

Aggro building

Failed-Stormscale
Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Aggro building

Hey, theres probably a thread for this but i'm just wondering, what do you guys do to start a fight off with as much aggro build as you can do.

I usually manage 2k threat per second when i start off and then it twindles down to 500-700 (BOSS FIGHTS)

i do the wingy thingy (slipped my mind) that does 30% more damage then,
avengers shield
Judge righteous (Maybe the mana giver backer one too)
Holy shield
Consecrate
Seal of righteousness

thats my "boss routine" im curious if i could do any better
Mazater
Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:54 pm
You could try to Judge Crusader after pulling the boss, and use & Judge righteousness after that.

I doubt that you'll need Wisdom against bosses, atleast not against raidbosses unless you hightly overgear the encounter.

Retribution aura is also handy.

Then there are the consumables, oil for weapon, spelldmg food buffs and spelldmg flasks wich will all increase your TPS.

Also pop Wings after the boss is beating you, becouse you waste few seconds of wings while waiting for the boss to run to you.
_________________

You joined a selibate order to get chicks?
antiy4ho0
Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:45 am
I like to pop my wings after I judge Crusader. I'm usually well ahead of threat in the beginning so working Crusader in then popping wings and throwing everything I've got out seems to work well. I even try to throw in a 2nd Avenger Shield if the mob has someting they cast, or if I know a crushing blow won't lead to a wipe.
_________________
Narcil
Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:47 am
I've always done Wings, Shield, Judge Righteousness, but I see your point, wings stacked w/ the Judgement of the Crusader would net a greater result

I stand corrected
Moses
Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:38 pm
Depending on your raid makeup you may have a ret pally to drop JotC on the mob. If that's the case I usually ask to pick up wisdom for the boss and just wait till after wings wears off to quick switch out a JoR for JoW. No I don't need to JoW, but it makes it easier/cheaper for a lot of the dps that get a good benefit from it.
_________________
Worldie
Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:34 pm
I'm a fan of shield (which i dont have anymore), cons, hs, jocr, sor, wait 3 seconds, wings, zerg.
_________________

rseuclid
Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:47 pm
umm.....what is the "wingy thingy" ?
Neejo
Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:44 am
avenging wrath
_________________
Neejo `Protection Paladin ` Shattered Hand - EU