Skip to content
Maintankadin

Parry Haste

dmok
Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:53 am

Parry Haste

Ok, I am new to this whole tanking this and decided my first time out to make my tank toon a pally. Been reading over these forums the past coupla days to get my head around what I will need to focus on once I hit 70 and start doing some real tanking, but I keep coming across something I do not entirely understand.

Many threads are talking about parry haste, and alot of people seem afraid of it for some reason. I haven't been able to find out much about what exactly this parry haste is, nor why people are scared. Any help any of you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.
Morpheren
Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:15 am
Its not really an issue for paladins, since our only parry-able ability is autoattack.

but when a mob parry's your attack their next swing is hastened by a sizeable factor, couple this with a big hard hitting boss and you can take alot of dmg in a short amount of time. A warrior is more worried about this, as almost everything they do can be parried, and they are alot more vulnerable to crushing blows from a hastened attack.
_________________
dmok
Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:20 am
oh, I see. Now I understand how that can be an issue, and why tanks are absolutely loooving expertise. Thanks for your help.

And I guess I was initially trying to figure out why alot of pally tanks seemed worries about reckoning and this "haste", but it all makes sense now since reckoning would essentially double the chance for the boss to get a hastened attack against you compared to normal.
dmok
Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:34 am
It's just something for me to consider as I start out. as an undergeared tank, more chances for bigger incomming hits = bad. once I get geared up, maybe I'll spec into more reckoning since it wont matter nearly as much then.

and I'm not saying that its alot of opportunities. Just that it's doubling a small chance already. I guess only experience will teach me exactly how bad the situation is (or is not).
Aloette
Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:58 am
the thing is, reckoning is typically better in the earlier (T4) content. The bosses don't hit all that hard, and the uptime of reckoning will be greater as you don't quite have the same amount of pure avoidance that you do at later content.

just something to consider.