Skip to content
Maintankadin

Questions about changes since BC release...

Sanguinelaw
Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Questions about changes since BC release...

I haven't been around since the release of BC. I read Holy Avenger doesn't break CC anymore which is very nice so I'm wondering if they fixed some of the less glaring issues.

Is stacking spell damage still viable outside of 5 mans? I felt like I had to give it all up to do serious tanking in favor of warrior stats. Which of course is very boring if you don't want to play a warrior not to mention making TPS a pain.

Any blacksmithing improvements?

I'm very busy in RL right now without the time required to crunch through all the patch notes...thanks for any replies.
Sanguinelaw
Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:43 pm
Right, Avenger's Shield. Man it has been a while and the D&D terms get mixed up with the WoW ones since they sit on the same medulla.


I really should have said 'more' viable instead of 'still' but that answers my question. I was hoping for some new mechanics added to improve the mileage we get out of spelldamage. It's just the main thing that sets us apart from warrior tanks to me and what makes AoE tanking/grinding/farming fun. I guess itemization is my only hope. Thanks for your response!
Tyaera
Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:11 pm
Basically the idea is not to stack spell damage, but to wear warrior tanking gear, and a caster weapon. because of the talent changes ,we get a lot of threat multipliers, and can get a lot of threat with not much spell damage. For comparison, I run with about 350 spell damage, and I out-threat pretty much everyone at my raid level (kara,ZA, early tier 5)
_________________
i put the sensual

back into nonconsensual