Skip to content
Maintankadin

My TPS isnt very high

Averroes
Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:19 pm

My TPS isnt very high

Ok so this is what I do to get threat.

Turn on Righteous Furry

Make sure I dont have Salv

Judge Seal of the Crusader

Use Seal of Judgment

Spam Consecrate

Judge Seal of Judgment

Cast Seal of Righteous again

Thats what I typically do and my threat is very low and yes I use max rank skills.

My armory to see if I gem'ed or enchanted something wrong I could really use help thanks Smile

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorefiend&n=Averroes
_________________

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Agravaine
Snake-Aes
Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:36 pm
Define "Very Low" and Explain me what righteous furry may mean :p

While I hate my tps numbers(omen is a bitch), I manage to keep up with warriors that do 1200+ dps without pulling aggro. I recommend you just checking a wws parse of what you did so you can pull good numbers.
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Aarek
Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:50 pm
I assume Righteous furry is righteous fury.


First thing I noticed, don't open with judging crusader, open with judging righteous. I usually wait till the second or third rotation though before judging crusader, just wait till the cooldown on judgment is up and then swap to crusader before judging, don't want to sit around with seal of the crusader up on your weapon for normal weapon swings.

I hope you mean righteous instead of justice, as the seal of justice is not going to give you anything for aggro, only holy damage does aggro.

Blow your wings when ya can to give ya an extra threat boost.

Keep up Holy Shield

Switch librams you are using to one of the librams that increase damage for something. The libram you are using on armory is just being wasted as you are uncrushable without it on.
_________________

UMIO
Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:03 pm
getting (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33504) libram of divine purpose would increase the threat caused by judgment of righteousness if that what you use. also if your talking about your threat on boss fights then you might wanna try using vengeance because i think that causes more threat
_________________
Wakeman
Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:42 am
No one mentioned Avenger's Shield? It is TONS of initial load of threat and the reason why those crazy DPS love pally tanks more than warriors. Use it whenever you can.
_________________

GO GRIND YOUR S1 GAVEL YOU LAZY $#@!%$ DAMMIT!
sapientialb
Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:12 am
This got me thinking about Gruul's and eventually ZA (and perhaps all of Tier 5) in terms of Threat Generation.

We have a great tool in 95% of Kara with exorcism for more snap threat but I still feel the push of the DPS even with Salv on the DPS, the S1 Mace enchanted, 2.3 Badge Chest and usually an adept's elixier.

I've seen the stories here on us being great for LootReaver but I'm just concerned.

My typical rotation:
Wings
AS
HS
Seal/Judge Righteousness
Cons
Seal/Judge Righteousness
Cons
Seal/Jusdge Righeousness
Cons
Seal/Judge Crusader
Cons
Seal/Judge Righeousness

(Rinse and Repeat the Last two and swap HS and AS depending on what boss it is)
_________________


"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
Ariashley
Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:01 am
You didn't mention having holy shield up?

You are keeping up holy shield, right? That's a decent threat % you're missing if you're not.

Retribution Aura and Blessing of Sanctuary are also helpful. Not huge threat from those, but something.

The Spell Damage Wizard oil is also useful if you don't have a Wrath of Air totem.
_________________
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Makaijin
Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:44 am
As for when to judge Crusader. For quick kills such as multiple mob trash groups I don't bother with Crusader at all. For longer fights, such as bosses or single big trash mobs, my second judge will always be Crusader, with my first always judging Blood (can't miss, love being a BE) or Righteous if you are alliance. As the earlier you judge Crusader, the higher the overall threat increase through the whole fight.
_________________
strydaris
Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:47 am
I have been playing around with my threat cycle a little and was thinking about a few things to add increasing threat. Sorry Horde players but this one is alliance only.

So as of recently I have been trying this out.
SoR
Judge, reseal
HS
Con
then repeat one more time then judge crusader. This is pretty much everyones opening standard
After my crusader is judged I have been trying to use vengence in my cycle. so I try and go something like this...
SoV (bring stack up to 4 or 5 or however high I can get it before judgement is off CD)
SoJ
Judge
SoV to finish my stack of 5
SoJ
Judge
SoV (refresh stack)
SoJ
Judge
repeat.

All this is also done with HS and Consecration put into the mix.

Thing is its hard to tell if this is increasing my TPS at all. Has anyone tried this at all and have they noticed a difference in their TPS?
_________________
http://wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azjol-Nerub&n=Strydaris