Skip to content
Maintankadin

Relitively new to prot tanking

lilleroy
Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:17 am

Relitively new to prot tanking

I decided i wanted a tank class so i made a prot pally having nothing but positive experiences with them in my groups on my shadow priest main. Up untill now ive had some oom problems but last night i had problems holding agro in mara. Im 47 and i think some of it stem from a lack of + dmg gear to up my holy dmg and my little mana pool at 47 i have about 1900 mana. I try and cast consecration when its up and holy shield and i judged righteousness on the mobs but i have 2 problems there 1 my mana... it poofs quick and 2 when im ae tanking i dont know what others are attacking. is there a desired rotation to keep the most threat for the least amount of agro? and is there any decent gear that i should be looking for before i hit outlands? I always have ret aura and blessing of Sanctuary on myself

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Lilleroy
this is my armory link i havnet had a chance to make a sig

Any info would be helpful thanks
Impervium
Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:03 am
I very successfully tanked Mara on my paladin at 47-48. I found the easiest way to keep on top of aggro in the pre BC dungeons has been:

1) run in and Judge Wisdom
2) Drop conscecrate and pop holy shield.
3) Reseal Wisdom.
4) Repeat step 2 until first mob is dead.
5) Judge and reseal as each mob dies.

I try to run with Ret Aura up and Blessing of Wisdom. If there is another pally in the party, I put up Blessing of Sanc, and have the other pally put BoW. The mage I ran mara with was very happy to be allowed to Blizzard and Arcane explosion every pull. Didn't even need to put Salv on anyone.
Guillex
Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:05 am
Get yourself leader of the party, and mark skull for first kill. Have your dps focus on that mob first.

By then, your reflective damage should have given you a decent threat lead on the other mobs.
_________________
Official thread killer