Skip to content
Maintankadin

Drop Smithing for Engineering?

dzigner210
Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 am

Drop Smithing for Engineering?

I'm a 290 weapon smith and had been considering dropping blacksmithing for engineering. Wanted to get some feedback on whether its a good idea or not. Thanks in advance for the input.
_________________
kalbear
Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 am
At that level? It really depends. The helm can last you for a long, long time and is easy to make, it doesn't really take that many resources to get to 350 engineering (maybe 1000g), Engineering is more profitable than BS thanks to motes. However, you're close to the BS BoP stuff.

I like it better, but if you ever want to switch to ret it might be better to do otherwise.
dzigner210
Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:32 pm
Thanks for the feedback. Is ther a sticky on this if not i think there should be.
_________________
Elthar
Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:51 am
Yeah it's a question that I've asked myself a few times - I'm 375 BS - but now I'm into SSC I've been able to make myself the belt of the guardian and boots of the protector - which are both nice - but I also have Leo's belt and passed the other day on solarian's boots - so there are alternatives out there.

Depends on what you want to do with it. I keep getting tempted to drop mining and level up engineering as well (I can make enough cash with my lock) but it's damn expensive to do bearing in mind I'd be doing it for:

a +stamina trinket when I already have the vengence card and the spyglass

a helm when we are taking down Vashj on a weekly basis

I'd stick with what you like the idea of - if you like the option of making a few bits of armour later in the game (plus some starting tanking gear like the felsteel set) stay BS - if you want to play with some toys as well switch to Eng. Just be aware that it's an expensive run to 350 eng and would your money be better spent on other things (or saved for a mount)
_________________
Honorshammer
Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:17 am
Blizzard has indicated that BS will be buffed in WotLK to appeal to all Plate Wearers with stuff you can make for Tanking, Healing or DPS.
_________________

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/
Ace
Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:57 am
I'm thinking about it too .. but wont be dropping BS ... I dropped mining recently as I make shed loads of cash farming Hunters in SMV and took up enthanting to DE all the greens I was getting... but I am tempted to drop Enchanting now for Eng.

I guess if you make nuff money you can have BS & Eng Wink

Ace.
------
_________________